Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

me and calv, this is were myself and calv first spotted the HH. been here a lot with dan as well

DSC_0012_2.jpg

DSC_0075_3.jpg

DSC_0150_1.jpg

DSC_0147_1.jpg

this place is my local site, myself ,dan and calv love it here, very dark but takes me 30 mins to get there and its usually white or frozen during the season

Edited by faulksy
  • Like 13

this how i do solar from indoors ,not the best place to do it from but it can be done with hafe decent results. clear skys charl.

120mm and ed80 for full discs.

DSC08956.JPGDSC08958.JPG

and AR127L for close ups.

DSC08924.JPG

sorry its not night but the sun would of gone to bed by then making my kit redundant....

Edited by xtreemchaos
  • Like 6

I like your "observing hut", @xtreemchaos, I guess you get the safety, tranquility and peace of mind that we otherwise only get in our own gardens or far off places. I guess that this is only for summer observing though, unless you shut the radiators during winter :happy7: !

Cheers and clear skies!

Edited by Cinco Sauces
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cinco Sauces said:

I like your "observing hut

thanks mate, its where i do all my daylight imaging all year round, i have the heating off and the door is insulated to stop heat from getting in , i have a illness which dont let me go out in sunlight, so its a case of needs must, but it do have its advantages like im setup all the time, 78% of the sky passes in front of my window throughout the year so i do a bit of deep sky too but for high up stuff at night i setup outside when its dark. clear skys charl.

Edited by xtreemchaos
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ShrewView said:

Here's a couple from the last couple of nights. The nasty orange glow goes down a bit after midnight fortunately. Caught the ISS and a couple of satellites on the second one.

IMG_57652.JPG.view2.jpg

And the andromeda Galaxy, I think??

image.png

Edited by Peco4321
  • Like 3

Well I'm really quite jealous of some of the aspects people have got here! I'd hoped mine this evening would be fairly good at the allotments (about 180 degree uninterrupted view centred on south and slightly raised up) but it's far too windy for that tonight. So here I am set up and ready to go in the back garden.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

On 7/31/2016 at 21:09, faulksy said:

me and calv, this is were myself and calv first spotted the HH. been here a lot with dan as well

DSC_0012_2.jpg

DSC_0075_3.jpg

DSC_0150_1.jpg

DSC_0147_1.jpg

this place is my local site, myself ,dan and calv love it here, very dark but takes me 30 mins to get there and its usually white or frozen during the season

Nobody can be that keen can they?lol

• Like 1

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 21:09, faulksy said:

DSC_0012_2.jpg

When I saw this picture, Just for a split second, I imagined your Dob in orbit, over clouds, and the Earths horizon on the right.

Then I woke up.........:laugh2:

• Like 2

Got a couple of hours in tonight, bit patchy with the clouds. The transparency wasn't great either. Still, good to get the kit out. Saw some nice Perseids as well, which was nice. 

This is the 10" ready earlier. 

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks wimvb

yep, lots of dew. Managed to get to  about 3:30am though. The Telrad has a home made few heater which is an absolute godsend. Looking forward to the longer evenings. Thanks. 

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 20:46, Beulah said:

My 12" "Dobmobile" looking thoughtful after sunset...photo taken by my pal when observing with them at a remote site last year.  :)

The Skywatcher 300p is more portable than the 400p! :D

waiting.jpg

That's a impressive garden

Must take a long time to do the mowing

• Like 1

Heres mine. A bit pathetic really when compared to some of the scopes on show here but when you add in an enthusiatic 9 year old and it's brilliant. This was looking at Saturn under a really dark sky and it was fantastic.

20160806_220945.jpg

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, adder001 said:

Heres mine. A bit pathetic really when compared to some of the scopes on show here but when you add in an enthusiatic 9 year old and it's brilliant. This was looking at Saturn under a really dark sky and it was fantastic.

20160806_220945.jpg

Absolutely.

:happy11: