SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Nice bit of ice last night on the scopes. EXIF temp 4deg. Shame the mount didn’t guide properly ?

7BB9151B-96BA-422B-8AA1-4EDEA9EA8D1A.jpeg

3 hours ago, Les Ewan said:

Talking of ice this was my 90mm Skywatcher refractor last night after being exposed to -7C for a couple of hours last night.

Frosty Scope 10.12.17.JPG

That's "low noise" season in all its splendor (assuming you're into imaging, Les).

My main concern isn't so much ice on the scope, as it is cables getting stiff and brittle when it's really cold.

• Like 1

A couple of mine taken at Astro camps. Not that you can see the kit very clearly.

1st one was in a camp in East Sussex 2016 you can see my campervan behind (the one with the slits of red showing through).  You can just about make out my dual rig of the ED80/WOZS71.

PS: 

Kit at Cairds 2015 .jpg

2nd photo is taken as a screen shot from a video that Mark Shelley made with his A7S walking around Kelling at 4am in April 2016.  He says on the video that the sky was black and he couldn;t see where he was walking except through the live view on the camera, just shows how sensitive the A7S is. 

Again you can just about make out my ED80.  My laptop had red plexi glass over it, and was inside a plastic box and yet it looks bright white, again due to the sensitivity of the A7S. 

PS: Just looked at the photo again, and I think this was my gold ED120 (not the ED80). 

Kit at kelling April 2016 .jpg

Edited by carastro
  • Like 4

On 11/12/2017 at 23:14, wimvb said:

That's "low noise" season in all its splendor (assuming you're into imaging, Les).

My main concern isn't so much ice on the scope, as it is cables getting stiff and brittle when it's really cold.

I remember touching my refravtor one night when it was very icy. My fingers almost stuck to the tube.