Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

Just a bit of fun really, took this pic of my Skwatcher 150p on eq3-2 with part of UM visible over the end of the scope. Shone my red torch during a 25 sec exposure. Let's see yours while in use - at night please, looking for some nice star trails maybe. 

image.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Here's mine

Untitled.jpg

Show off :p

Here is mine in my back garden where I image from, house to my back and trees to the north. It's a good representation of the sliver of sky that I can see from my unfortunate back garden location. It's about 2/3 years old, so the trees are even bigger now!

9499195254_7ed3f1e77d_b.jpg

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Peco4321 said:

with part of UM visible over the end of the scope.

Great pic ! I like the composition, "I've got my eye on you" or ( taking cue from your other posts ) " I've not got all the gear I want yet but I'm on my way" :)

How did you avoid star trail in 25sec ?

and that is an interesting part of UM, you split Mizar-Alcor pair !

MizarAlcor2.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SilverAstro said:

Great pic ! I like the composition, "I've got my eye on you" or ( taking cue from your other posts ) " I've not got all the gear I want yet but I'm on my way" :)

How did you avoid star trail in 25sec ?

and that is an interesting part of UM, you split Mizar-Alcor pair !

MizarAlcor2.jpg

Oh you know, I'm getting there!!  Thanks for the kind words, it's great when something works out by accident.....

7 hours ago, johnrt said:

Here is mine in my back garden where I image from, house to my back and trees to the north. It's a good representation of the sliver of sky that I can see from my unfortunate back garden location. It's about 2/3 years old, so the trees are even bigger now!

Something is better than nothing :happy10:

I understand your feelings, as my backyard during the last 5 years has been a pathetic hole to the SE from a balcony. I will soon move to a better place with zenith though :hello2:!

22 hours ago, Moonshane said:

Here's mine

Gosh yours is a big one,

mine's only little

E.jpg

Actually, my equipment used to be a 6" Newt and a camera on a tripod. But the Newt is retired ( nackered mirror coating after 50y, needs redoing but not worth the cost ?) and daughter has made off with the tripod, but give me a wee while and I may figure out how to get my camera to selfie hand-held in the dark !!

edit, ooops forgot to mention my binos.

Edited by SilverAstro
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, lux eterna said:

I´m standing to the left with the refractor and my DIY "MOC" (Mission Operations Control). It´s a box containing intervalometer and smartphone :icon_biggrin:

selfie2.jpg

Beautiful! May I ask where is this?

Not the whole set up, but my game-pad covered in frost in Dec '14. Combination of flash and the red desk lamp.

20141213_213607.jpg

Just found another photo from the previous October

_MG_0393.JPG

Edited by DaveS
Add Photo
  • Like 10