Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

18 hours ago, StuartJPP said:

Another from a recent frosty session:

MZ0A5641.jpg

IMG_20171217_020936_1280.jpg

Fantastic image showing all those stars aswell. Your picture epitomises this thread.

IMG_1343.JPG

A typical night in the back garden... Shed's set up as a warm room. Those are 40' conifers (dark ones) completely obscuring north, and more obscuring NW (the lighter ones to the right) - I learnt to drift align early on in my Astro adventures...

IMG_1351.thumb.JPG.d377e1f5ccd83dd37c57084fe5e7974c.JPG

Edited by Marci
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, RayD said:

Ooh hello.  How did it go?  How did you get on with the alignment?

Balancing was easy thanks to Steve’s guide on a thread. Alignment was ok too, fiddly but I’ve a lot of patience and am well used to working to very fine tolerances.

It started snowing as I tried to locate ic443. I had Ha in one camera and Oiii in the other.  All I managed was a rough initial focus on the moon at the start of the session.  Hope to get out later if it clears up. At least both cameras are working though via APT 1&2, and guiding seems to be ok.  Nothing to post star wise but I’ll try later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Balancing was easy thanks to Steve’s guide on a thread. Alignment was ok too, fiddly but I’ve a lot of patience and am well used to working to very fine tolerances.

It started snowing as I tried to locate ic443. I had Ha in one camera and Oiii in the other.  All I managed was a rough initial focus on the moon at the start of the session.  Hope to get out later if it clears up. At least both cameras are working though via APT 1&2, and guiding seems to be ok.  Nothing to post star wise but I’ll try later.

Great stuff, promising start :thumbright:

• Thanks 1

My 180 Mak set up to look at the moon. Note the 38mm Panoptic. Looks like a hand-grenade.

20171227_214009.thumb.jpg.2425715e1554ff17e84303a77f489fa5.jpg

Lit from my head torch and hand torch.

I cut the session short as my feet were getting cold and wet, the garden was saturated.

• Like 3

A couple from tonight's brief session (how can it snow from a clear sky???)  The moon looked lovely though :smile: and my father-in-law who is staying with us for Christmas was really impressed :hello2:

nex50057.thumb.JPG.69a12c69c876f2fd5b12f70289ac1038.JPGnex50060.thumb.JPG.0d23976e483328cee8f7727d4bf6bd1a.JPG

Tak 100 on a Giro-WR on a Berlebach 212 Report tripod.  First light for the tripod which was a Christmas present :glasses9:

Helen

• Like 9

All these photos of foreign parts with super-duper clear skies are putting me off imaging in the UK :D  Well, almost :D  I can't afford to go to such places so my decent site for the UK will have to do :D  If we ever get some decent weather and I get my equipment working I'll take a photo...

4 hours ago, Gina said:

All these photos of foreign parts with super-duper clear skies are putting me off imaging in the UK :D  Well, almost :D  I can't afford to go to such places so my decent site for the UK will have to do :D  If we ever get some decent weather and I get my equipment working I'll take a photo...

Same here. I have more opportunities to take pictures OF my setup than WITH my setup, so here's a picture while taking flats after one such rare occasion.

IMG_20171217_235208.thumb.jpg.200b56203bc507d4c75435bd6e4f1d4f.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, newbie alert said:

What part was this Stuart.. looking to go in April...

This was in Caleta du Fuste...I can PM you the actual place I used....

Certainly not an ideal imaging site....but not too bad when you get away from the promenade lights.

2 hours ago, StuartJPP said:

This was in Caleta du Fuste...I can PM you the actual place I used....

Certainly not an ideal imaging site....but not too bad when you get away from the promenade lights.

How strange..thats the same place that she's looking at..been there before..is that from the sea wall where the sea lions were?