SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The 8SE Tube No Longer Lives Between 2 Settee Cushions

cloudsweeper

My wife was not happy.  (But very kindly put up with it for months!)

So - 2 large old bits of wood, 2 small old bits of wood, 8 screws, and 30 minutes later the OTA has its own sturdy, safe stand, which can easily be placed well out of the living room!

Doug.

P1050006.JPG

P1050007.JPG

3 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

Brilliant use of scrap wood, looks simple yet effective:)

...and is precisely why we all have a garage/shed/loft full of seemingly useless bits of wood that might come in useful one day :smile:

1 hour ago, DRT said:

...and is precisely why we all have a garage/shed/loft full of seemingly useless bits of wood that might come in useful one day :smile:

I'm starting a workshop clearout. Do I really need half a bicycle inner tube and window locks for a type of window we haven't got? Still the Waxoyl spray gun I last used in 1988 might come in handy... and about forty old power supplies (well each one is a different voltage/current)...

Did decide to lose one of my stock of parallel cables but I think serial ones need to be kept.

Finally got rid of the last four of a stock of hacksaw blades that snap if you look at them. Enough tap washers to fit out Bath.

What gets me is almost everything I find was kept with a purpose in mind, but at 53, even a good long innings isn't going to be enough to finish all the projects I have actually started :-0

I still have bits from a ten year old motorbike I owned in 1983 - and some of that epoxy resin that used to come in two parallel strips of plastecene that you rubbed together to get a chemical reaction that probably gave you skin cancer.

You never know! :lol: 

Archived