Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium 0.15.0

alexwolf

2 hours ago, Skipper Billy said:

Stellarium scope doesnt work by default - but if you go into plugins and choose telescope control and tick enable at boot up then save changes and reboot then update stellarium scope settings - it does work. Took me a good while to figure that out!

It's ok - I just needed the latest Stellarium scope and all working fine (apart from the weather, of course :( )

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Skipper Billy said:

Yeah - I guess you have had the same 3 days of 'biblical' rain that we have had !! You are only 60 miles South of me in a straight line !

I don't think we get anything like the rain that falls on the hills to the north and south, but cloud has been near perpetual this year :(

On 8/12/2016 at 00:02, Thalestris24 said:

It's ok - I just needed the latest Stellarium scope and all working fine (apart from the weather, of course :( )

You saved the day :-) I was running an old version of stellariumscope and couldn't get it to work either - saw your post and thought....why didn't I think of that :-)

Thanks

David

If anyone is interested, I present here an edited version of the constellation_names.eng.fab file, tweaked  so that when you select the "Translated" option in "Sky and Viewing Options">"Starlore">"Western">"Show Labels", this will give an English translation of the Latin constellation names (seems to me to be so much more useful than a Latin translation of Latin :icon_biggrin:). (If you don't like my translation, you can edit the file :icon_biggrin: ... if you're not sure how to, ask)

Replaces file of same name in ProgramFiles>Stellarium>skycultures>western (Win 10) or equivalent for other OSs. You will almost certainly need Admin/root permissions.

Archived