Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Essex,UK!

AstroKane

Hi All - New to stargazing since my wife bought me a telescope for my 30th. Great forum, have already picked up some cool pointers.

It is an addictive bug eh! Already investigating a scope to step up what I am using now.

Currently I have a Celestron Astromaster 130 MD EQ and I also have the Celestron eyepiece kit with some pretty good Plossl eyepieces, barlow and filters.

I have been using my iPhone to shoot images and have found this forum awesome to pick up tips for PIPP, Registax & Photoshop.

Looking forward to the journey ahead, for now I will leave you with my most recent pics of the moon! :)

Kane :headbang:

Moon final cropped.jpg

moon test photo shop.jpg

Thanks All :icon_biggrin:

5 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

Fabulous moon Image as well, especially for a camera phone!

Cheers! - It was a beautiful night to grab a 10 second clip of a waxing gibbous moon on my iPhone. I then processed the image in Registax

6 hours ago, MattJenko said:

Welcome from another Essex dweller. Same scope that I started with as well. I got a lot out of that 130.

Yeah really enjoying it - would have had much more use if not for poor weather over the last few weeks!

What did you upgrade too?

Hi kane and welcome to SGL, nice clear images of our close neighbour. It certainly can be an addictive bug, imaging even more so, but be prepared to have very deep pockets if you want to venture down this route, enjoy the forum :)

4 hours ago, AstroKane said:

Yeah really enjoying it - would have had much more use if not for poor weather over the last few weeks!

What did you upgrade too?

I got the imaging bug and after much research and advice on here bought an ED80 and an HEQ5. I also bought a 10" dob for visual use. Turned out I have been extremely happy with both.

Archived