Santa asks: "What filter works for you"?

I am searching and researching for another filter.

Usage: a) to bring forth details from stars and clusters, mostly DSO objects (stars, clusters, galaxies, nebulae); and b), to provide clearer details on nebulae.

So my question to all of you is, what kind/brand of filter helps you achieve the above? Note: my principal interest here is Astro-Photograhy vs. visual.

I already have a Celestron O-III filter, and a Solomark UHC.

I am looking to add a 3rd filter that will help me pull details from most DSOs. Not all filters may provide all solutions, so there may be the need to consider 2 (two) additional filters to add to my collection.

So, what do you use and how happy are you with the outcome?

I am interested first in filter type, and second in who provides it.

Thanks for your replies.

I am fortunate with clear dark skies here (ie, an LPR is unnecessary, beside I have one... maybe two.)

OOPS! I think this belongs in a different forum, my bad!

With nebulae I find that O-III (Lumicon) and UHC (DGM NPB) do the trick most of the time.

For better views of galaxies and clusters - seek dark skies ! :icon_biggrin:

An H-Beta filter will help with a small selection of certain nebulae types but they are mostly very challenging objects.

Archived