SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

19.07.2016 A/R 2565/67 white light

Pete Presland

Took a while to get around to processing these from an early morning "work carpark" session. The seeing was pretty good as well.

A 2 pane mosaic with my Celestron ED80, DMK21au618, ND5 filter, No58 filter. 3500 frames stacked 10% in A/S2 merged in ICE eventually :icon_biggrin: Hopefully I will get one more look before it disappears around the limb!

2016.07.19 AR2565,67.png

Lovely! Wish I could get the granulation the way you have in White Light. I don't have a dark green filter, but have a light blue one. Will that help bring out detail, do you think?  Fingers crossed for a last go at this super area. Wonder when the next good one will be... 

Iain 

3 minutes ago, Iainp said:

Lovely! Wish I could get the granulation the way you have in White Light. I don't have a dark green filter, but have a light blue one. Will that help bring out detail, do you think?  Fingers crossed for a last go at this super area. Wonder when the next good one will be... 

Iain 

I was to using a oiii filter, then I tried the NO58 dark green. I  was initially surprised by how dramatically I had to change the settings (exposure) for the green filter. It was also very obvious on screen that the filter was a massive improvement.

I would give the blue a go, nothing ventured as they say. I did think about by a Baader continuum filter, but I not sure if it would be much more of an improvement on the green.

9 minutes ago, Iainp said:

Thanks I'll give that a go, and let you know. OIII for solar?? That's a new idea for me. I've got one, so will try that too with Baader film.

Not sure why I tried it to be honest. I think it was because the image was so bright with the ND5 Baader film and I was just trying to darken it a little.

Archived