Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hands on the Sun (the thing behind the clouds!) - August 9th Seend Wiltshire

Wiltshire Astro Society as part of the Seend (it's a beautiful village in Wiltshire, near to Devizes and Melksham, where we meet for our Astro club) Fete, on August 9th 2008, will be holding a "View the sun in a whole new light" stand. We should have an SF70 on the FL102, SV50, a couple of PST's (CaK and H-A), and maybe ...just maybe, something else... :-)

Will be held near to the pavillion hall in Seend, Wiltshire, (weather of course permitting)

Near to the event is the famous Wadworth Brewery, Devizes (which have opened up for visitors http://www.wadworth.co.uk/visitor_centre.html, they have horses delivering the beer), the wolrd famous Caen Hill locks http://www.luphen.org.uk/public/2004/2004caenhill.htm, which are great for taking the family, and the incredible scenery of Wiltshire (White Horses, Silbury Hill, Avebury, Lacock Abbey (Harry Potter film set) ...and more), all within 15 minutes of the Seend location

Yours truly will be on hand with the scopes, and advice on solar imaging and viewing (even if it's cloudy I will do some image processing stuff)

All are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to come along but don't think I will be able to as I have a wedding to go to in the afternoon. Better half probably will think its foolish to try! Sounds like an awesome plan and all those instruments would make me like a kid in a candy store :hello2:

Andy

Hang fire...it may be off, the weather is looking absolutely terrible..

As soon as I know either way, i'll post up here

Instruments on hand will be the SV50/60 and PST's The SF70 was deemed too risky with kids about..as the filter holder can be removed

Archived