Which stacking software

Probably a different bit of software, and I'm not sure if the name is even right.

CCD Soft. Have I imagined this, or is it a Bona Fide title, and if so, what is it's function?

Ron. :)

Deepskystacker for me too - I've got an ATIk16ic. One word of warning though, you need 8 visible stars for it to stack. This floored me for ages, couldn't work out why it was only stacking one image :shock: . You can check how many stars its recognised by looking under the advanced tab of the Register Settings - if its less than 8 reduce the %.

You can also play with the settings to see which works best for stacking as its easy to use! and using the Drizzle doubles or triples your resolution without buying a new camera!!

Helen

• 2 weeks later...

i personally recommend imagesplus, from mike unsold...www.mlunsold.com. Version 3.5 has vista capability. The good bit is it has different combining options, so you can add frames, and apply levels/curves and digital development. All of which registax cant do. There are also deconvolution options, and wavelet sharpening, and tons more...

if youre doing deep sky stuff, then u cant really beat this. It also controls Canon and Nikon cameras...

Paul

Archived