Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My only Saturn and Mars of this year

PeterCPC

We finally had a clear night here so I had a go at Saturn and Mars even though they are fading now.

I used the C9.25 with a flip mirror and 2.5 Powermate with the ASI224MC.

If only I could have done this earlier I'm sure that the results would have been better.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Peter

Mars 180716.jpg

Saturn180716.jpg

Those are awesome , how did you get them so big ? I use a 5x powermate with my spc900 and Levenhuk T510NG color and don't get that size when I post , what am I missing? This is with the spc900 and 2 up to / / /  3x meade barlow and the 2nd is with the Levenhuk T510NG with 10 mm extension lens and 5x powermate. Both color cams need HELP ! I just keep going in circles Peter and I'm waiting on Saturn to clear the trees earlier.

M1.jpg

M1-6-7-16.jpg

"Those are awesome , how did you get them so big ? I use a 5x powermate with my spc900 and Levenhuk T510NG color and don't get that size when I post , what am I missing? This is with the spc900 and 2 up to / / /  3x meade barlow and the 2nd is with the Levenhuk T510NG with 10 mm extension lens and 5x powermate. Both color cams need HELP ! I just keep going in circles Peter and I'm waiting on Saturn to clear the trees earlier."

That's the size you get with the equipment listed, no crop involved - I recommend the ASI planetary cameras. Thanks for your comments.

Peter

On 7/19/2016 at 15:57, stepping beyond said:

Those are awesome , how did you get them so big ? I use a 5x powermate with my spc900 and Levenhuk T510NG color and don't get that size when I post , what am I missing? This is with the spc900 and 2 up to / / /  3x meade barlow and the 2nd is with the Levenhuk T510NG with 10 mm extension lens and 5x powermate. Both color cams need HELP ! I just keep going in circles Peter and I'm waiting on Saturn to clear the trees earlier.

Peter will be at around 6000mm focal length with the C9.25, 2.5x powermate and flip mirror.

your 8" newtonian astrograph (I'm assuming you used that for those images?) will be an f4 is it? So you'd need a 7.5x barlow to get the same image scale as Peter!

Archived