Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro systems 150 F6 FG1

Well its taken more than a year to find one of these, i have banged on about getting a 150 F6 newt and when an astro systems came up for sale i jumped pretty quick to secure it

This is the FG with at least 1/8 grade optics and 900mm focal length, every thing about this scope is simple, robust and well thought out and the Alt Az mount is a joy, I plan on using this for A-focal Luna imaging and general observing, It was a pleasure meeting its former keeper, LeeB and his charming wife, who kept my good lady company while the men talked scopes.

Hoping for a quick peek at the Luna surface tonight but this may have to wait as work and an early night is more important

astro systems (1).JPG

astro systems (2).JPG

astro systems (3).JPG

astro systems (4).JPG

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Moonshane said:

As long as it's about right the secondary has almost no effect on views. Looks a great scope!

Its pretty close, it does seem these astro systems newts need very little in way of collimation

Archived