SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

17.07.0216 white light AR2565/67

Pete Presland

I think one of the best sights in solar imaging is a large sunspot captured in whit light. I love my H/A telescope, but there is just something about the detail in the Umbra/Penumbra and the granulation that I really like. Maybe it goes back to the days before H/A imaging became so popular in the amateur world, when most of were just doing white light only.

Imaged between the thick cloud and high cloud just in case the forecast is wrong for later. Celestron ED80/DMK21au618.

8.46 AR2565,67.png

46 minutes ago, bunnygod1 said:

Imaged between the thick cloud and high cloud just in case the forecast is wrong for later.

It's like you read my mind! I just did the same thing, wondering if there was any sense chasing sucker holes when we're promised 3 day of sun (in the SE at least, I mean...) then realising you have to grab what you can when you can.  I'm going to get the CST 10" out for white light later too. HA posting coming now. Great image, by the way. LOTS more to come. Probably...

Iain 

26 minutes ago, Iainp said:

It's like you read my mind! I just did the same thing, wondering if there was any sense chasing sucker holes when we're promised 3 day of sun (in the SE at least, I mean...) then realising you have to grab what you can when you can.  I'm going to get the CST 10" out for white light later too. HA posting coming now. Great image, by the way. LOTS more to come. Probably...

Iain 

Probably... :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin: 

11 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

I think one of the best sights in solar imaging is a large sunspot captured in whit light. I love my H/A telescope, but there is just something about the detail in the Umbra/Penumbra and the granulation that I really like. Maybe it goes back to the days before H/A imaging became so popular in the amateur world, when most of were just doing white light only.

Imaged between the thick cloud and high cloud just in case the forecast is wrong for later. Celestron ED80/DMK21au618.

8.46 AR2565,67.png

Agree with you completely on this Pete. As much as I love imaging in Ca-K, I still love a good white light, like this one. Great shot.

Archived