Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Arduino Focuser Library/Sketch ??

mikeonnet

Hi all,

Firstly, I hope this is the correct place to post this message and please excuse my ignorance, I have been trying to research the internet with not much luck. Basically, as a DIY project I have an Arduino Nano & Easy Driver board with a stepper motor that I would like to control the Focussing from my PC.

I wondered if someone has a” Library" or "Sketch" that I can import. I am no programmer and goes straight over my head..... I have tried downloading a few but failed miserably. I have had the Arduino for ages now but it was one of those projects that I never got around to and I recall a SGL Yahoo Group which had the library but I cannot find this either now....

I can control the mount easily from my PC just using a serial cable to the handcontroller but my aim was to connect the stepper motor to the focuser (Skywatcher ED80) so I can focus looking at the screen because at the moment I am having to check the focus on the monitor, dart outside to turn the focuser slightly and go back in "Repeatedly". I wanted to get this up and running before the winter nights start.

I would appreciate if anyone can supply a library/sketch for the Arduino Nano or a link.

Many Thanks.

Mike

Waiting for ngc7635 to download so...

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sgl_observatory_automation/files/SGL Software/

Go to focuser and current version and download standalone and the arduino file. You'll need ab older version of arduino compiler as the newer ones stopped working. Dont have the info to hand...also download the libraries.

Bed for me!

46 minutes ago, ncjunk said:

Waiting for ngc7635 to download so...

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sgl_observatory_automation/files/SGL Software/

Go to focuser and current version and download standalone and the arduino file. You'll need ab older version of arduino compiler as the newer ones stopped working. Dont have the info to hand...also download the libraries.

Bed for me!

You will have to become a member of the yahoo group to access this one, may take a few days to get it activated...just to let you know

8 hours ago, RuralBill said:

You will have to become a member of the yahoo group to access this one, may take a few days to get it activated...just to let you know

It shouldn't this time as i'll just send the files via email or approve it.

As Mick J says there are a few other threads on here with software you can try as well.

You´ll need the Arduino software version arduino-1.5.6-r2:

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases

You can also get the files from sourceforge (The non ascom version is ok)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sglfocuser/files/

I just set it up in my garage and it´s working so if you have any questions post here and I´ll answer them.

If you want the old free version of focusmax 3.8 which is no longer supported to try autofocusing then I can send you a copy of that as well but there´ll be

a bit of a learning curve in setting that up. Better to start with the manual control while you get the setup working.

Thanks guys,

I have requested to become a member on the SGL forum but I will take a look at the link you supplied Bill (when I get a moment). Thanks again and I shall see how I get on. I've got lot's of reading / understanding to do.....:smiley:

Archived