Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

spaceboy

EQ5 slow motion knobs

A long shot given these are plastic and easy to break but I'm looking for a pair of EQ5 slow motion knobs in unbroken condition with metal spring / sleeve thing.

• Like 1

Me too and I'll continue to kick myself for not getting them when they did :BangHead:

I'm not sure but I don't think they are not as user friendly as the larger EQ5 ones anyway.

ww.365astronomy.com/SkyWatcher-Slow-Motion-Cable-Set-for-EQ2-EQ5-and-AZ3-Mounts.html

Already have those flexi cables Wookie but prefer the standard knobs.

Edited by spaceboy
  • Like 1

Are they the knobs you remove when upgrading to a synscan.....if so I have a pair.

Pretty sure that's the ones .eq5-without-tripod.jpg

Drop me a PM if these are what your thinking of.

Edited by spaceboy

It's not possible to buy these knobs from skywatcher or any distributor, new ones?

Despite being "mass produced", spares for any Chinese scope seem few and far between. If your lucky to find any parts that are readily available they can often be over priced when compared to a similar spec non genuine part.  This is no doubt why there isn't much demand to supply spares along with the fact most people often mod or upgrade existing parts anyway.  Astroboot http://www.astroboot.co.uk/AstroBoot have a small supply of booty that I am led to believe is OVL returns. IE: arrived damaged or faulty. 365Astronomy also offers a very limited selection of spares http://www.365astronomy.com/Screws-and-Small-Parts/ along with some 3rd party manufactures offering high quality alternatives http://www.admaccessories.com/Miscellaneous_SMK.htm at a price to match. In the case of mount knobs I figured there are probably a few sat in the back of draws going to waste due to goto, dual motor or flexi slow mo upgrades.

I feel as I'm no doubt sure others do that it is about time there was some sort of a source for spares. After all I'm sure there are more mounts with chewed up gears than we realize due to poor instruction manuals. I know there are a few members on SGL that has been unlucky to find themselves purchasing such mounts off ebay. These mounts either lie unused or cannibalized for spares which is a shame when you think it could be two clicks away from being saved.

I have attempted to get a small selection of links to items astronomer may find handy. Some for spares some for upgrades so if you can think of something please feel free to add.