sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Here's a 10 frame animation. 1 frame per minute.
It shows the movement of this large prominence over a very short time frame.
l46C640C2JlTmAZos.gif

A full frame shot to show the relative size of this huge prominence.
i-CWDpWxB-X2.jpg

And another shot with a black dot that shows the relative size of the Earth.
i-p5BgzQt-X2.jpg

Tech Details:  Lunt 80mm Ha telescope, ZWO ASI1600mm cooled camera. Processed in AutoStakkert!2 and ImPPG, colorized and layered in PhotoshopCC.

• Like 7
26 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Good work SD, I guess you can at least count on a bit of Sun down your way :grin:

Dave :clouds2:

Usually. But as luck would have it we've had quite a bit of cloud cover ever since I purchased the new Lunt a few weeks ago.

21 minutes ago, Lowjiber said:

Well done, SD.  Thanks for the share.

Did that skywriter here in Vegas interfere with you on Tuesday morning?  It did me.

Clear Skies

CLOUD 1.jpg

I missed that one. I'm in Henderson so out of my frame anyway. And I was out early afternoon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wavydavy
      For sale 450D camera modified for astronomy, the IR filter has been removed to allow the important red emission nebula to come through. The price is £140.
      This camera has a very low shutter count of 1588, in very good condition, comes with 1 battery and charger (connects via USB to computer or smart phone socket ect ), I don't have the original box, but will pack, very well. The price includes special delivery. This is for the camera body, no lens. Any questions please email me any questions......clear skys.

• By SuburbanMak
      I almost hesitate to ask this but ahem, here goes... 
      My EBay white light filter turned up today & I scurried out into the garden like an excited child on Christmas morning. 

After a bit of faffing I have it clamped to the ST80 and using the equally cheap but pleasingly effective SV-Bony pinhole projector finder (can’t believe it just slotted in and is aligned as there’s no way to adjust) there is a lovely big, crisp, solar disc. 

Can’t see any sunspots though - and here’s the dumb question - is there just nothing doing today or am I missing a trick? 

Any beginner tips on white light observation gratefully received...

• By StarPrincess
      Moon Surface with AstroDinsk
      23 April 2021 21:35
      Celestron Nexstar 6SE
      ZWO ASI astrocamera 462mc

• By StarPrincess
      Sun on March 20, 2021 with Astrodinsk <3
    • By StarPrincess
      Moon Surface 16 April 2021 21:32 Celestron NexStar 6SE ZWO ASI 462mc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.