SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Spectrum Lab Success

So I have my FUNcube Pro + up and running
Using FCHID2.002 and Spectrum Lab tuned to Graves 143,048 Mhz
With a 3 Beam Yagi (oh im based in London)

All seems to be working well and Im capturing events, as I do I get an entry in the Event Log and a screen capture (show below)

Event file gives the following which i dont 100% understand

Event Start Time: 15:41:44 - UTC
EventRef: E1
Signal Amplitude (dBFS) at start of event: -86.4
Noise Amplitude (dBFS) at start of event: -112.5
Freq of the Maximum Signal amplitide at the start of the event: 2239
Duration: 0.34

Screen Capture also gives more info

sig -86.4
D 0.3
Dplr -25

Again not sure what all this means so any pointers would be appreciated

Regards

John

event160711154500.jpg

Hi John,

Thanks for your post. I've not come across the particular usr file or associated script (MetScat_cleanse2v61)  you are using so the screen information you have is all quite new to me :-) Each usr file will have associated script which sets the upper and lower frequency range, yours is +/- 300 Hz which is quite short to what I've experienced in the past and the frequency in the window says 143047 MHz. 

Is their any guide with the file that might help you further?

I can take a guess on some of the above information though-

Event Start Time: 15:41:44 - UTC    This will be the time in UTC of the detection   
EventRef: E1    Some system reference to the event
Signal Amplitude (dBFS) at start of event: -86.4    This will be the dB of the signal when first detected
Noise Amplitude (dBFS) at start of event: -112.5   This is the background noise level when the event began
Freq of the Maximum Signal amplitide at the start of the event: 2239 This shows the frequency of the detection when your set up first detected the trail reflection
Duration: 0.34 I presume this gives the length of the meteor trail, perhaps in seconds? 

Screen Capture also gives more info

sig -86.4   This value is the same as for Signal Amplitude above
D 0.3        No idea-sorry

Dplr -25    Again, can't help on this one but it is close to the difference between the signal and noise levels in dB (26.1)

I hope this helps a little John. 

Best Regards,
Steve

Archived