Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Abernethy - MINI STAR CAMP

Ok guys,

Me and Martyn (Wackyscot & Stuffedhaggis) have decided, due to financial and work circumstances, to try and unveil a totally new venue for a MINI STAR CAMP. This is aimed at newbies and seasoned stargazers alike, to come along, socialize, stargaze and share experiences and knowledge. We don't have the darkest skies, lowest horizons, or indeed the best venue for a star camp.

What we do have, is a bunch of good guys and gals, willing to share their knowledge and enthusiasm, a pavilion with showers, kitchen and a hall, and also Cosmos Planetarium who will be along with their awesome setup to give a Digital Skysafari should we be clouded out. We also have quizzes, and movies on the big screen for poor weather - I will include a link which shows details of the event and costs etc. Due to insurance purposes, we are limited to 100 people/40 pitches, half of which are gone already. Should you be interested, please email me on jdmillar@hotmail.co.uk or call 07759 643976 - the image attached was taken at the venue which is Powrie Park Abernethy.

This has been thought through, so as not to coincide with Kielder or Galloway Star Camps. We do hope you can attend. This is a new venture without astro-snoberry to encourage newcomers who may have never been to a Star Camp along.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=281598711D85097A%2118767&ithint=file%2Cpdf&app=WordPdf&authkey=%21APtwiQ16l7yPZ2E

Best wishes and clear skies

David

IMG_3641.JPG

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi David,nice one put me down,will be a nice run up the East coast,and i know any one who has not been to a star camp will be made very welcome.

You and Martin always put one a good show,i might even bring a few pies (just a taster).

It fits nicely with Kielder and Galloway .

Will be in touch,soon,

Regards

Mike

Hi David,

Great to hear that you are planning a Star Party.....

Questions arise...

I don't have a Microsoft account and don't intend to start one, so what is the date and costs?

Is there electrics available?

This is Abernethy on the outskirts of Perth, because when I first saw the thread I immediately thought of the Cairngorms and the Abernethy Forest!!!!

(which I know quite well).

Trust you and Martyn are in the best of health.

Are you coming to the Galloway gathering?

Cheers

Adrian

Hi David,

I cannot get there but wish you and Martin all the best of luck.

You will need it with Mike visiting with his pies. (No proper pie measuring device available without Damian's dual purpose  Dobsonian Pie measurer device being there). :evil4:

1 hour ago, Adrian Condon said:

Hi David,

Great to hear that you are planning a Star Party.....

Questions arise...

I don't have a Microsoft account and don't intend to start one, so what is the date and costs?

Is there electrics available?

This is Abernethy on the outskirts of Perth, because when I first saw the thread I immediately thought of the Cairngorms and the Abernethy Forest!!!!

(which I know quite well).

Trust you and Martyn are in the best of health.

Are you coming to the Galloway gathering?

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Adrian, it is Abernethy Perthshire, I have attached pdf with details - Deposit deadline is end of August.. Battery only I'm affraid

Best wishes

David

ABERNETHY STAR CAMP 2016 ANNOUNCEMENT.pdf

Hi David,

Thanks for the info... I need to consider whether I can do two trips to Bonnie Scotland in October, as I am already booked into Galloway.

I have been camping May/June 2016 in Glencoe then, Ardnamurchan (7 nights) and over to Rosemarkie for 2 nights. That came to 1707 miles!

I am also planning to a trip to Dumfries for the end of July/August.

Are you planning going to Galloway?

All the best.

Cheers

Adrian

PS  maybe I need to move to Scotland......

Hi Adrian,

Not gonna manage Galloway this year due to various factors - this is kinda why the star camp up here came about. Started with an idea then became a monster - fingers crossed for good weather as always

Best wishes

David

Do you have a map available that shows where in Abernethy the event will take place?  You have chosen a good time as their will be no moon :) 

You mention there are houses nearby, so what light pollution might we expect?

Andy

Hi David

Game on for the 3 nights.

I am looking forward to meeting up with you and Martyn again, on the 30th September (my birthday so I expect we might just have a wee dram or 2).

All the Best

Phil

33 minutes ago, philthy said:

Hi David

Game on for the 3 nights.

I am looking forward to meeting up with you and Martyn again, on the 30th September (my birthday so I expect we might just have a wee dram or 2).

All the Best

Phil

Brilliant Phil,

Looking forward to seeing you too. A wee celebratory sherry could be in order - I'll add your name to the list

Best wishes

David

Hi Davey,

Unfortunately I will not be attending, her indoors keeps me on a tight leash :help:. Also sorry we will not enjoy yours and Martin's company at Galloway.

Looks like you have put a lot of thought and work into this event.

I wish you and everyone who attends every success and clear skies :headbang:

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 22:43, Uplooker said:

Hi Davey,

Unfortunately I will not be attending, her indoors keeps me on a tight leash :help:. Also sorry we will not enjoy yours and Martin's company at Galloway.

Looks like you have put a lot of thought and work into this event.

I wish you and everyone who attends every success and clear skies :headbang:

Ah well - you'll miss the pies lol

Catch up soon

David

Hi David,ive been off SGL for à few weeks now and just came across your SP thread.

I would love to come up and support your event but will have check with work and her indoors...?never been a problem before so will let you know as soon as i can.

Good luck.

Kenny

5 hours ago, kenny k said:

Hi David,ive been off SGL for à few weeks now and just came across your SP thread.

I would love to come up and support your event but will have check with work and her indoors...?never been a problem before so will let you know as soon as i can.

Good luck.

Kenny

Hope you can make it Kenny - speak soon

David

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 20:44, mapstar said:

Sorry to say guys I've already booked to head the opposite direction and booked south wales sp a couple of months ago.

I hope its a success and prompts a year two :grin:

Sorry you can't make it Damian, catch up maybe at Galloway next year :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived