Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_jupiter.jpg

uhb1966

show us your.... cable setup?!

26 posts in this topic

On 16/03/2017 at 22:41, tomato said:

This is what my cables look like 99% of the time. About the only advantage of setting up and taking down each session......:D

I know how you feel, this is how my kit should look, but most of the time it looks remarkably like yours:icon_biggrin:

cables.thumb.jpg.9f003558f5dfba7a336a3ba9993c394e.jpg58d8512cda300_cables2.thumb.jpg.4733f31b4f9ee0cda67d82341e62bef8.jpg

I've tried to separate the cables into three logical groups:

1, cameras: USB x 2 for main and guiding camera, and a 12v power. All connectors on the camera are right angle types, with the loom P-clipped to the camera body.

2, Scope: focuser, 9 pin D type, and 12v PWM, which is shared by the anti dew and Telrad

3, Mount: 12v power and eqmod.

The looming sleeve and velcro ties help to keep it tidy the rest of the year as well :icon_biggrin:

Huw

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alanwestlake
      Hi,
      First post - so I hope I'm putting this in the right place. I wonder if anyone can help? I've got an EQ3 synscan mount which sits on top of a concrete pillar. Despite the Rigid Pillar and good Polar alignment I get terrible Goto's and Tracking. I wonder if upgrading to an EQ5 might solve some of the problems. It seems, from the reviews, to be a much more accurate mechanism. But if I did that is there any way I could buy the basic EQ5 and use my current EQ3 Synscan motors/handset with it. Buying the whole EQ5 with synscan is horribly expensive, and having already got the synscan unit would seem a waste. 

• By sharkey93
      Hi all,
      Any help and advice you can provide me on this subject would be greatly appreciated. I'm not new to Astronomy but very new to Astrophotography and currently in the process of researching the equipment to start capturing photo's using my skills of being able to find already,
      Currently I have a Skywatcher EvoStar 80ED and looking at upgrading to the Esprit 80 more personal preference but I am unsure if my Current EQ1 would do the Job for this I've been searching around but can't find too much info. I've looked at the Weighs of the Esprit and if I've looked correctly I think my EQ1 would struggle  to support the weigh.

Kind regards
      Sharkey
    • By Stu
      This is a nice Vixen GP mount in very good used condition. The mount itself is xcellent cosmetically, and turn smoothly with no unevenness. The only real criticism you could level at it is the fact that the counterweight and bar have been resprayed in a dull metallic colourful, looks ok and works perfectly well. It has one small counterweight.
      It has short slow motion controls (which of course could be replaced with long flexi ones), it does not have a polar scope. I would say it is highly suitable for visual use where you just want tracking with minimal setup time.
      I can supply it with the original short wooden tripod included for £150, or a taller aluminium matching Vixen tripod for £175. Open to reasonable offers.
      Payment by PayPal fees paid or bank transfer. Pickup is easier but I can ship it at cost.
      Thanks,
      Stu
      EDIT Also on ABS 

• By Astrofriend
      Hi,
      I was asked on a Swedish forum to put an "Astronomical Dictionary" on my homepage. I have made a test page in an easy form. Astronomical related words linked to wikipedia.
      It aims to the beginners in astronomy so it should not be too complicated words.
      http://astrofriend.eu/astronomy/astronomical-dictionary/astronomical-dictionary.html
      Let me know if it's useful and and I shall add more words.
      /Lars
    • By JonH
      Hi All,
      Unfortunately for me, my son shares my passion for cycling, so to raise funds for bikes a major clear out is in order: 
      Berlebach UNI 28 wooden tripod - £230.00. It was bought from Germany and is in superb condition. Sold
      SkyTee-2 mount with extended controls as well as all original knobs - £130.00. Also in superb condition.
      Due to the size and weight of these items, cash on collection preferred.
      Cheers,
      Jon