SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sadr Region BiColor Narrowband

Rudeviewer

I finally got some SII Data to add to my HA data and got them processed.  5 hours 20 mins of data.   So here is my version.  Mapped the HA to green and the SII to Red and used the HA as a LUM.  I like the definition between the green and gold dust so i left the colors instead of changing to the HA gold like the modified Hubble.  Thoughts?  

8 x 1200s HA

8 x 1200 SII

HA OIII #2 Green sat.png

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Rudeviewer said:

I am going to add OIII and see what that brings.  Had a tough time with colors I think I had 5 different color combos I was playing with.

I've never imaged using full NB, I have a 7nm HA filter, but I'm imaging with a dslr so it's not ideal. I can imagine with all the options available it must be tough choosing a combo that you like. When you get the OIII will you remap all the colours or just add the data to a different Chanel ? 

I started out with a dslr but never had a chance to try a HA filter with it.  The only thing I did was self mod my t3i.

I'll probably remap and play again to see which brings out the most detail for the colora shown.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rudeviewer said:

I started out with a dslr but never had a chance to try a HA filter with it.  The only thing I did was self mod my t3i.

I'll probably remap and play again to see which brings out the most detail for the colora shown.  

I like all the options that are available with NB, my next investment will be a CCD I think, if PI doesn't tip me over later. I'm on the 14th floor in the middle of a city with only a west facing view. The reason for the 7nm was so that I can image off the balcony, the IDAS light pollution filter just didn't cut it in the middle of the city lol. But it's great when I go to my usual observation site. 

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope you get decent weather for your OIII data. And I'll look forward to seeing how this image evolves. 

• 2 years later...

Like the images you are producing. The detail in them is fantastic. The colour schemes you are using add a surreal feel to the images which is great.

How are you getting good focus on the HA filters. I am just starting out and have just got an Astronomik 12nm Clip filter. Do you focus fist without the filter and then clip the filter in place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

GW 

• 1 month later...

I am so sorry about this delayed response.  I have been out of the game for a bit here.  

I use a filter wheel and focus with each filter using an autofocuser.  It pinpoints the best number for the stars in the image and sets it for me every hour.