Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DeepSkyStacker-problem

Hi All,need some help with star detection,this has just happened lately and just on my desktop,when loading my images and then registering checked pictures,the program goes through the motions but now gives me a warning to to check/increase star detection,and always says only one image will be stacked regardless of how many i have.

I have uninstalled 3.3.1 and downloaded 3.3.4 but to know avail,still the same results,as far as i am aware i have the star detection set at max 98%,what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Mike

45 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi All,need some help with star detection,this has just happened lately and just on my desktop,when loading my images and then registering checked pictures,the program goes through the motions but now gives me a warning to to check/increase star detection,and always says only one image will be stacked regardless of how many i have.

I have uninstalled 3.3.1 and downloaded 3.3.4 but to know avail,still the same results,as far as i am aware i have the star detection set at max 98%,what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Mike

I am not a frequent user of DSS (3.2.2) but if I remember correct I have to reduce the % ( slide to the left) to increase the stars detected, if you reduce it a long way you should start getting thousands of noise detections registered as stars ( that will show you something is changing ! )

Edit : Yes 98% gives me 0 stars, 60% gives me 51 stars, 50% gives me 90 stars, in one of my pics.

13 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Thanks in advance

Mike

Easy! You need to set it LOWER not HIGHER! Try 2 or 3%

Archived