Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

July 7th - H Alpha, Hooray, 20 up !! Great Prominences.

paulastro

Not forecast to be clear at all today so I didn't expect to get my 20th session in my current run.  About lunch time the cloud thinned and I took some pics in the same dismal conditions as yesterday and I was struggling to get anything from them.  Then, later in the afternoon, against all expectations the sun came out in glorious large blue sky patches between the clouds.  Rushed out and took some more pics, conditions much better than earlier on.  Very pleased to have got to 20 up !!   Also, those beautiful prominences on both the E and W limbs (one a filaprom) were a bonus.  Single frames taken with usual equipment on 500 asa.  The first taken at 5.07 pm on 1/100 sec and the prom disk (plus the crops from it) taken at 5.06 pm on 1/15 sec.

P7071106b.jpgP7071083a.jpgP7071083b.jpgP7071083d.jpg

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

20 and the run continues, well done mate, its been one of those venus days here, and theres a new spot or two,darn clouds. hope you make it 21 tomorrow.charl.

Many thanks charl.  Today has just shown me yet again that you should never say never.  Any more I add to the run will just be the cream, as I was getting close to 20 it just encouraged me to try and get there.  Hope you have some clear sky tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Well done Paul, had a look through high cloud but useless for imaging.

Dave

Thanks Dave, that was just how it was when I had my first glimmer around lunch time, the excellent clearance later in the afternoon was totally unexpected.

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Well done Paul, had a look through high cloud but useless for imaging.

Dave

Dave, have you ever considered moving? ;) What am I saying, I bet that wretched cloud would follow you anyway :(

Lovely pics Paul. Managed a quick peek myself today in the small gaps that there were. Bring on the new AR!

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Dave, have you ever considered moving? ;) What am I saying, I bet that wretched cloud would follow you anyway :(

Lovely pics Paul. Managed a quick peek myself today in the small gaps that there were. Bring on the new AR!

I'd love to move but Mrs T won't hear of it .

The clouds seem to come from your direction Stu and by the time they reach me all the gaps have gone.

Dave :clouds1:

2 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

I'd love to move but Mrs T won't hear of it .

The clouds seem to come from your direction Stu and by the time they reach me all the gaps have gone.

Dave :clouds1:

:(:( 

Perhaps a reversal of the earth's rotation is all that's need them. Probably less traumatic than moving! ;) 

57 minutes ago, Stu said:

Many thanks Stu.  It could be worse though, you're area is a tropical paradise compared with that which is the frozen tundra of the North West ! :grin: Fancy a house swap anyone? (PS, if any reader knows my wife, please don't tell her I said this!! )

Archived