Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tripod for star adventurer

jrastro

Hi guys. I am thinking of buying a SW star adventurer and am wondering if anyone can recommend a tripod to use with it. I would be using it with lenses up to 200mm in focal length. Ideally it would be as cheap as possible as I am on a tight budget.

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, jrastro said:

That looks a lovely tripod! However, I was wondering if it is possible to use anything cheaper (probably not as you get what you pay for).

About the cheapest thing I could find that was strong enough.

About £75.00 on Amazon

Dave

Just had a look they seem to gone up a bit recently, there's a S/H one on EBay

I use an EQ6 tripod with an adaptor from Astrotec. You can get the tripods second hand for around £40 - speak to Graham at Astrotec on the current cost of an adaptor - should be around twenty quid mark, give or take a few quid, I reckon. Hth :)

15 hours ago, brantuk said:

I use an EQ6 tripod with an adaptor from Astrotec. You can get the tripods second hand for around £40 - speak to Graham at Astrotec on the current cost of an adaptor - should be around twenty quid mark, give or take a few quid, I reckon. Hth :)

Thanks for the idea about the eq6 tripod. Will probably use one as it is fairly cheap but VERY sturdy. My only concern is that it may not be portable enough for easy transportation.

Yep that's what I figured - dead sturdy - and it's only 33" long folded down and approx 8" or 9" diameter - so it'll go in the boot of any car (or on a back seat). Shouldn't be a problem unless you're on a motorbike lol. :)

Archived