SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Viewing Sessions

Astralstroll

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

Not sure yet, but the darker nights will be arriving soon spurring interest for many of us again. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, and we can have a Meet at the site prior to our Star party in September. It would be a good to have shakedown run, to blow the cobwebs out of our equipment and for some of us, hone some rusty skills.

Now, how do I put this scope thingy together ?  :icon_scratch:

The dark nights are slowly returning, so I would like to test the waters to see if there is "enough" interest to schedule an Observing Meet on the darkest weekend  in August at our Blaenavon site.  It would be either Friday August 5 th or Saturday August 6 th as an alternate; weather permitting of course.

I realize many may still have holiday plans, but it would be nice to know who would plan to attend ?

Thanks.

5/6th is only 2 weeks away Mike so I don't think there will astro darkness until about 1am.

Much closer to the star camp would be better.

9/10th Sept might be better with some guide stars getting up just after 2030hrs (8.30pm)

Will be 1/2 moon too so us moonies might get some good views :)))).

Just a suggestion.

Hope you and Dorothy are both OK.

regrads

Pat

Hi Pat,

Dorothy & I are doing ok, Thanks.

With the weather always being unpredictable, and Blaenavon being a far drive for many, I think most people would travel for darker skies, but be reluctant to go to the expense for Lunar viewing which can be easily done at home; even with the neighbours lights on. The first weekend in September would also be a consideration, but I would not be able to follow up and make the call, as I have commitments far away.

My post is intended as a query for a short notice meet. The group has been quiet here for awhile, and it would be nice to get activity rolling once again.

Hi Mike - yes activity very limited at the moment as you say not suprizingly after the British Summer but the Autumns nearly here so plenty to look forward to. I'll be away the first 2 weeks of August so won't make it - to be honest I don't plan on observing until mid/end of September anyway after my personal hibernation but  glad to see you getting the group moving again and looking forward to catching up shortly.

Archived