Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
4nt4res

150/750 skywatcher CAD drawing or mech dimensions

Hello everyone,

I am currently using 150/750 Newton Skywatcher telescope to experiment on some self made optical device designed to be mounted on its focusing tube. This optical prototype is quite heavy for the moment so I plan to use the threaded part of the focusing tube that becomes available once you unscrew the 50.8mm (2”) adapter. ( You can see what i am talking about on the attached pictures)

I'd like to know the exact standard dimensions of this threaded part so I can make/buy the right adapter for it. Has anyone already used this threaded cylinder? Would anyone have some cad drawing of it?

I don't have any caliper available for the following weeks, and the standard has a high probability to be imperial, which i'm not quite familiar with (i'm writing from Europe).

I would be extremely thankful for your help!

4nt4res

150-750 focusing tube.png

Ok, I got some measurements, the male part that screws inthere has a diameter (tip of the threaded part) of 54.4mm (2.14 inches) and 1mm pitch. I can't connect that to any standard...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rusted
      Hi Guys
      New member, ancient ATMer.
      I have joined to directly access Pulsar dome owners' fund of information.
      I am building a raised platform 8' off the ground to provide a much bigger sky.
      Trees and hedges surround and interrupt our dark rural property.
      Our modest 1.5 story home is on the southern border of our large garden.
      Fortunately neighbours with security lights at a hundred yards south and SW are safely hidden by the house.
      Increasing age demands shelter from the almost constant wind.
      My two main OTAs are now much too heavy for easy lifting:
      I am using a chain hoist and nested stepladders!
      I have a 10" f/8 reflector with premium optics and a 7" f/12 R35 iStar refractor. [Presently folded.] Both ATM builds.
      My almost completed, massive DIY GEM has 2" shafts and lots of heavy aluminium. ie. Immovable!
      It is running AWR IH2/ASCOM drives to 11" and 8" Beacon hill wormwheels.
      The images show my mounting on a temporary test stand.

Now the real reason for my unscheduled interruption: [Much as I like talking about myself.]
      I am torn between a DIY all aluminium, rotating "dome" of the cylindrical roof variety or buying a Pulsar 2.7m. dome only kit.
      Making a hemispherical dome is a long term exercise in geometrical and sealing frustration IMHO.
      The off-the-shelf Pulsar 2.7 is rather cramped for my 2 meter long Newtonian even when the dome is mounted on a much larger "box".
      Does any recent Pulsar 2.7m dome purchaser have the minimum internal dimensions between opposing quadrant ribs?
      I understand the 2.7m is actually 2.6 from Pulsar's own drawings but that may be external.
      With so little clearance available I really need an accurate figure.
      Thank you for your patience if you have reached this far.
      Regards,
      Rusted

• By Magnus_e
      Hi.
      Finally it's time to start a project i have been planning for a while. My remote Linux - INDI observatory
      Some info about the project. The observatory is going to be box style. I don't do any visual stuff, so i wont make room for myself. It is going to sit on a south facing second story balcony at my parents place. It's by a fjord near Drammen, Norway, so almost everything southbound is water and zero light pollution. The house itself sits on a spot with mostly green and yellow on the LP map, so beats my apartment where there is dark red LP as far as the eye can see (sadly)..

To start things off, I'm building the pillar. As it's on a balcony, there will be no way to dig and cast a base in concrete. However concrete (b30) will be used to make the pillar more substantial. I want it to be very rigid, and I guess by having some weight to it, some flex in the floor will be "pre flexed".
      Any project starts with a good drawing so here is some cad. The outer tube is a cardboard casting tube. It sits on a wood plate with a total thickness of about 3.6 cm, has four m20 threaded rods that will be casted in with four 50x35 cm steel angels for stability. On top there is three steel plates connecting the base to three m20 bolts with mounts for the celestron avx. I will use the celestron's plate from the tripod (removing the legs) on top to mount the head on. The gap between plate one and two from the top is to be able to adjust and level the mount. I will have to get the three plates and three blocks on the right fabricated, but hopefully at a acceptable prize, hopefully...
      This weekend was mostly drawing, but did get something started.
      Let me know what you think about the design. More to come as project progresses...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.