Narrowband

150/750 skywatcher CAD drawing or mech dimensions

4nt4res

Hello everyone,

I am currently using 150/750 Newton Skywatcher telescope to experiment on some self made optical device designed to be mounted on its focusing tube. This optical prototype is quite heavy for the moment so I plan to use the threaded part of the focusing tube that becomes available once you unscrew the 50.8mm (2”) adapter. ( You can see what i am talking about on the attached pictures)

I'd like to know the exact standard dimensions of this threaded part so I can make/buy the right adapter for it. Has anyone already used this threaded cylinder? Would anyone have some cad drawing of it?

I don't have any caliper available for the following weeks, and the standard has a high probability to be imperial, which i'm not quite familiar with (i'm writing from Europe).

I would be extremely thankful for your help!

4nt4res

150-750 focusing tube.png

Ok, I got some measurements, the male part that screws inthere has a diameter (tip of the threaded part) of 54.4mm (2.14 inches) and 1mm pitch. I can't connect that to any standard...

Archived