Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Star Discovery 150P + Camera?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mislav said:

2.5cm?? you managed to shorten it for 2.5cm? thin t2 ring is shorter for 9mm. So i need to shorten it for 16mm. Do you have best and easiest way and advise to do that??

There's 2 ways to do it with the Star Discovery 150p and they will both void the guarantee .

First. cut 2.5cm off the bottom of the ota to move the primary mirror.

Second. Modify the focuser.

See video for 2 ways to self modify the focuser.

Any questions please ask :) 

Nige.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 16:28, mislav said:

yes,i saw that. So maybe it wipl.be enough to cut that silver stop part of focuser..that is extra few mm...near 25 with this short t ring...i will try..that is only thing that i have curage to do:)

Shortening the draw tube will have no affect on the focus position of the camera, it will just make the tube shorter. To achieve focus you need to either move the primary to reduce the distance between it and the secondary or modify the whole focuser assembly to get the camera closer to the secondary. Both modifications will invalidate your guarantee . Other options are using a barlow lens to move the point of focus outwards or imaging using the eyepiece projection method.

Archived