Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Iainp

Surface today, 6th July and another prom shot

The surface was boiling with the awful seeing, and there was only time for one grab, but the final result is ok considering. And here's a better one of the big prom. 

g23.jpg

g24.jpg

• Like 6

Nicely done Iain, also done a few today but as you say rubbish seeing.

Dave

Thanks. I keep moaning about bad seeing, so thought you'd like to see it! Here's a clip of the surface data, and the second half is the prom, both unprocessed. 

Lovely images Iain, if you can get that quality in that seeing then you're laughing - at least when you have good seeing!  :icon_biggrin:

Looks about the same as here Iain, not helped by the thin high cloud and the big solid clouds :grin:

Dave

Sometimes I get acceptable results in poor seeing iain, and sometimes not. Your image looks more than acceptable to me.

-Charles

Thanks all. It's weird with seeing conditions, I'm beginning to realise there are many different sorts! Sometimes the image boils, sometimes it's like looking though disturbed water, other times the image seems to come in and out of focus.  I always think I can predict how well the processed image is going to come out by watching the recording, but I'm usually wrong. So much to learn... 

Great work, Iain.  Gotta love that prom image.

Thanks for the shares.