Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

this is my 100th disc this year:headbang:. in the vis i noticed theres a spot/pore in the east , theres a hint in the image but my camera didnt pick it up very well,ive loads of thin cloud in my shots. taken with 120mm frac, 1.5x barlow, lunt wedge,1200d. 45 frames staxed with regi.thanks for looking and clear skys charl.

sol 6-7-16 09.30.png

sol 6-7-16 09.30 col.png

desktop snapshot, i feel a animation coming on.

2016-07-06_114250.png

Edited by xtreemchaos
added pic.
  • Like 6

Nice disks Charl. Managed to spot both ARs this morning before clouds arrived. I am thinking of getting a DSLR to take some record shots. Hoe to you attach your camera to the Herschel wedge ?

• Like 1

thanks laudropb, i use the eos t-ring with the barlow screwed into it and it allows the filters to fit in between barlow and t-adapter, heres some pics. clear skys  charl

DSC08906.JPGDSC08909.JPG

• Like 2

Congratulations on your century Charl :icon_salut:

There's a rumour about spots today so hope to see them if the blue bits get bigger.

Dave

• Like 1

thanks Micheal, the last 10 was the hardest with the weather and not a lot to focus on. clear skys charl.

thanks Dave, there deff one in the east, i seen it clearly in the vis but its small, its in my image but faint due to the darn cloud, tipical as soon as i put the camera in cloud came from nowhere. clear skys  charl.

Well done charl, and a very happy anniversary!!  :icon_biggrin:.  (I know it's not really an anniversary, but it sounded better than calling you a centurion!)

• Like 1

Nice one charl. You definitely caught the one in amongst the faculae, can't see the others but the conditions are not great so you did well. It's centre of this crop but I'm sure you know that ;)

image.png

• Like 1

thanks Paul, i look forward to the next 100, bet its going to be cloudy :icon_biggrin:. clear skys charl.

thanks Stu, yer mate it looked much better in the vis, as soon as i swapped over to camera that horrible thin cloud covered sol and killed the detail.  hope its clear for you. charl.

22 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Stu, yer mate it looked much better in the vis, as soon as i swapped over to camera that horrible thin cloud covered sol and killed the detail.  hope its clear for you. charl.

Not great here, but still able to see some nice bits.

• Like 1

Wow, 100 spells dedication Charl. I love seeing the sequence over the span of 100 days. Great stuff!

-Charles

Edited by cshahar
  • Like 1

Looking good Charl. I thought you had the spot/pore - but it was a speck on my screen.

Here's to the next 100.

• Like 1

Nice one charl. Surely we are due a big spot

• Like 2

100 discs! Excellent work Charl. My total stands at 74 this year, some way off last years 91 at the end of June. Hopefully August and September will be kind. Mind you it could get a bit dull if we don't have any spots!

• Like 1

thanks Craig, yer we are mate, i keep hoping one will pop round the limb. clear skys charl.

• Like 1