SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Last Night

2STAR

Went out for 2 hours, thanks for the heads up on iridium 61 which i saw Mark.

My first DSO image M51 Whirpool Galaxy, poor visibility, light pollution etc but I am really happy with it being my first attempt, managed to get my alignment and Tracking spot on at 

first attempt !!!

126 sec exp (7 x 18) at approx f/6.3

This is a raw snapshot i saved during the video 

m51 672016.jpg

Wow Eric, that's awesome. Superb. Have you downloaded Deep Sky Stacker yet to stack all your files? I find that one works well for DSO images, unless anyone has got another recommendation. For a raw snapshot that's amazing. It's going to be something else after stacking and a bit of processing. Can't wait to see the result :)

1 hour ago, Vicky050373 said:

Wow Eric, that's awesome. Superb. Have you downloaded Deep Sky Stacker yet to stack all your files? I find that one works well for DSO images, unless anyone has got another recommendation. For a raw snapshot that's amazing. It's going to be something else after stacking and a bit of processing. Can't wait to see the result :)

Oh dear Vicky, guess what in the excitement I didnt save my video, I turned on video record after about 15 seconds but was that amazed looking at what i had on screen dont think i selected a folder to save it to as I coudn't find it this morning , another learning curve for the idiot lol .Fortunately i grabbed about 10 raw images , the one I have posted is best, the others seemed to be a bit saturated with a yellowish colour, another thing I will have to master lol, bit still I am really chuffed.

eric

1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

Super job Eric well done. It's one of the best Iv see this year ??

Cheers Mark, I am really looking forward to a few hours under dark sky to master the Atik Infinity cam as I can really se it has  good potential if i keep being patient and persevere lol

eric

This is where my lack of knowledge regarding video astronomy shows. I'm not sure how to process AVI's on DSOs. However, it is worth having a play with your raw image files in a stacking programme such as Deep Sky Stacker (DSS) just to experiment with the data. It's all good stuff :)

Most stackers you just handle avi same as raw stills. Load in the avi and the software breaks it down into individual frames and treats each as a still. From there on the process is the same.

Archived