Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Night of the Trifid.

Leveye

Took a chance on the skies staying clear last night and went deep on M20 The Trifid nebula. I battled pretty much with everything. bad collimation, gunfire and or big firecrackers (LOL), Windows 10 acting up, bad batteries, uneven guiding and imaging from turbulent skies, trees, some pesky dew, even peskier bats... All in all a really fun night!

This is what I ended up with finally around 2 a. m. using my unmodded Canon and the C8.

15 300 second lights, 20 darks 40 flats in DSS then onto PS for levels and curves and a final tweek in LR. Let me know what you think of the processing. 

Trifid w C8 July 2016 no gradient.jpg

love the depth you've captured with that C8 and the Unmodded canon worked a treat. Plenty of reflection nebula and the HA too, which from an Unmodded camera is awesome. Considering the fact that you had guiding problems the stars look great. It's a great image leveye. 

2 minutes ago, Maximidius said:

love the depth you've captured with that C8 and the Unmodded canon worked a treat. Plenty of reflection nebula and the HA too, which from an Unmodded camera is awesome. Considering the fact that you had guiding problems the stars look great. It's a great image leveye. 

Means a lot thank you for taking the time. Look up!

10 minutes ago, Leveye said:

Means a lot thank you for taking the time. Look up!

Hey dude, you took the time and it wasn't easy going by the sound of it. It's great when images like this pop out from troubled nights. I'm lucky, I get the pleasure - from your work. :) ...I keep looking up but being rainy season, all I'm seeing is clouds lol. Soon though, soon it should clear.....Keep up the great work!!! 

1 minute ago, Maximidius said:

Hey dude, you took the time and it wasn't easygoing by the sound of. It's great when images like this pop out from troubled nights. I'm lucky, I get the pleasure - from your work. :)...I keep looking up but being rainy season, all I'm seeing is clouds lol. Soon though, soon it should clear.....Keep up the great work!!!

Will do and thanks again! More to come soon for you. Clear skies your way my lensfriend.

Archived