Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sad news, Rest in peace Per Frejvall (perfrej)

Grinde

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was something about Per that has really got to those who knew him personally. We share a sense of shock, of disbelief, of injustice. It is also clear that those who knew him through the internet (and the net is a powerful and valid place for friendship) feel the same. 

Olly

Really shocked by this news.  I can't believe some-one so young and full of life can have suddenly died like this.  

I have read many a post of Per's and at one point entered into a private conversation with him.  He was certainly very talented and generous with his advice.   I wonder whether Jonas would be kind enough to come back to us and tell us what the cause of death turned out to be.  

So, so very sad.

Carole 

Just found out about this and feeling very sad. It was his posts that convinced me to get a 10-micron just 3 months ago. We have lost a gifted spirit, cheerful yet precise, encouraging and providng constructive criticism when needed.

Please pass on my condolences to his family.

As they say in french, ce sont toujours les meilleurs qui partent les premiers

Farewell, hopefully among the stars.

Olivier

I always looked forward to reading Per's posts. I am not surprised to hear so many speak highly of him. Could we make sure that we don't lose any of his posts here at SGL? And perhaps have an Image Award competition in his honour (unguided, of course!). A great loss. Right now, I want to tell all you people how much I appreciate your enthusiasm and help and comradeship all these years.

Themos

35 minutes ago, Gina said:

I like the idea of an Image Award competition in his honour :)  And I'm planning to try unguided...

Me too if I ever get this 10Micron mount to talk to Win10 :grin:

I am deeply saddened by this news. I have only just heard and it is unbelievable - I spoke to him a few weeks ago and everything seemed fine!

Please convey my most sincere condolences to his family on my behalf. 

We will all miss him.

Kind regards,

Sam Anahory

Please Hold fire on the proposal to hold an Imaging Competition in Honour of Per for the time being.
By that, I mean refrain from commenting in this thread about it
It is much better to keep this thread exclusively for
 Worded Tributes to him.

For Per and his family,

Per provided me with some sound advice when i started out in this hobby and his enthusiasm was both infectious and obvious.  A few years later some sound tips still apply as the foundation of my work.

Thanks Per.

My condolences to Per's family and friends.  Another star up there now.

Paddy

I am shocked and saddened to hear this news. I did not know him personally but always read with interest his wise words.

I cannot believe how emotional it has made me feel for someone i only knew through SGL.

Thanks for letting us know!  Per was a wonderful person and quite brilliant. We exchanged a few emails recently, and he really impressed me. Very sad to hear this news. Condolences to his family.

I never had the opportunity to meet Per in person but like many others I am sad to hear this news.

I think this is because (in my opinion) this isn't just a forum/community, its closer to a family and Per was a part of that.

My condolences to anyone who knew Per. If anything is required of us please let us know. 

Such sad news, 

I enjoyed reading his posts on here and in the ACP observatory control forums. His posts were always friendly and insightful not to mention his willingness to help out where ever posible with a code example or valuable bit of information.

He will be sorely missed.

<edit> It´s surprising how the news of someone passing can be so shocking  even though you never met them in person -  it just goes to show the affect Per had on the Astronomy community.

Friends, I have passed on to Celilia Frejvall the spirit of your comments - that Per fielded an enormous and detailed personal correspondence for no other reason than that he was a generous and instinctively helpful man, creative to the last drop of his being. 

We are, alas, reduced to symbolic gestures in these circumstances but the robotic observatory he created will bear a new name. 

Olly

Archived