Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sad news, Rest in peace Per Frejvall (perfrej)

Grinde

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too didn't know him personally.

But I can tell from the comments in this thread that he was a nice guy, knowledgeable, a friend of many members - he was also far too young :(

I would like to express my condolences to the family. My thoughts are with all his friends and family.

Ant

Jonas

Such sad news. Per was such a nice guy. Can't believe he has gone.

I don't know if you remember Jonas, but I met you and Per at Ollie’s a couple of years ago. You were kind enough to guide me on to the Rosette Nebula when I was struggling to find it.

I for one will never forget the meal that evening. You, Per and Olly in full flight. Conversations flying - mostly over my head it has to be said. A privilege to have been sat at that table.

But what a force of nature was Per! Someone said he blew in like a hurricane. Did he ever! So infectious, he swept you up with his joie de vivre! I feel truly lucky to have met Per. And truly sad that I never will again.

I take my hat off to you Jonas - such beautiful words you gave us when breaking such terrible news. You must be heartbroken. His wife and family - even more so. Please pass on my condolences.

I will raise a glass (champagne of course) to Per tonight. Secure in the knowledge that heaven's ASCOM problems are now going to be sorted out tout suite. And gently laughing as all of heaven slowly gets converted to 10 Micron! ;-)

Cheers Per. It was and honour and a privilege to have met you, and gotten to know you, however briefly. And thanks for all the help, advice and encouragement.

Like most I never met him personally, but must have benefited from so many of his posts in the forum. A highly respected SGL'er and very sad to hear of his passing. Please convey my condolences to his family and friends, and may he rest in peace.

I'm on holiday at the moment and I've only just seen this thread.

I never met Per and I didn't always agree with him, but I had enormous respect for his broad knowledge, his technical skill, his willingness to help others and his ability to argue a well-thought out point of view even when our opinions differed.  I am deeply shocked and saddened by this news.  Per was a person the world needs more of.  It is a significantly poorer place without him.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and find a stiff glass of something and have a bit of a sniffle.

James

I only heard the news yesterday evening.

I am shocked and saddened by his sudden death. I never met him.  But I knew of him through his postings on the PAIG forum. And the Astro Imaging Channel.

RIP Per

I can't believe this! No way! Per and death can't come together.... he is such a lively character... looking perfectly fit and healthy....

I heard the news last night and crushed... 

I am one of his guinea pigs for the Remote Control USB hub... we were working on a bug I came across... he told me he wouldn't have time to tackle it until this week... last email I received from him is on July 26th.... 

Still having a hard time to grasp the news.... the only good thing that comes to my mind is that Per, now, has the best environment for astro imaging... no clouds, no atmoshpere, perfect seeing... and probably the best imaging equipment...

Sad.... very sad...

Rest in peace my friend.

Incredibly sad news. He was a great asset to the amateur community. Always enthusiastic and willing to help even if coming from an opposite view. He will be sorely missed by all. Our thoughts are indeed with his family after this sudden, tragic loss. 
Roberto 

It was very sad to hear the news about Per . I am one of the group of 4 involved with Per in the remote observatory at Olly Penrices place in France as such I counted him a colleague and friend. He gave me so much help and was a true mentor. His enthusiasm and knowledge were boundless and he was always prepared to listen. I don't think I will ever forget him. My heartfelt condolences go out to his wife and family. It is often said that when we leave this earth for good we go to a far better place well Per I hope that place for you is equipped with Telescopes and Astronomy projects a plenty because you certainly excelled at them here.

Such incredibly sad news and taken away far too soon.  Please pass on my condolences to his family and close friends.  Per was an inspiration for all of us.  He shared his knowledge and experience freely and helped a great many people on these forums (Myself included).  
Rest in Peace

Very sad news indeed. I only knew him through the forum, as most of us did I suspect but he had an air of knowledge and 'cool' about him which will be missed. An early death puts a lot of things into perspective (as it did with my Dad). Grasp every opportunity you have while you still can.

With condolences at this extremely sad and distressing time for his friends and family.

This is very sad news. Death is inevitable for all of us, yet it comes as a real shock when it is one who is so young that passes away.

I never had any direct contact with Per, but from by brief visit to Les Granges, I knew that Olly held him in high regard and that sentiment is clearly echoed throughout this thread. He will be missed by many.

I offer my sincere condolences to all of Per's family and friends at this difficult time.

This is most definitely a time for reflection on and to cherish what we are so lucky to have in our lives.

Archived