SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sad news, Rest in peace Per Frejvall (perfrej)

Grinde

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so very sorry to hear this terrible news. Anyone who read Per's posts or spoke to him couldn't help but like him, just a really enthusiastic helpful genuine guy. He will be sorely missed here on sgl, I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for Per's family and close friends, my heart felt thoughts go out to them. 

That's a shocking sad news. A big loss for the forum too. I've always enjoyed reading his posts, even though I don't do astrophotogray. Have learned a lot from his posts. 

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.  He has helped me no end and I am very thankful.  He even got me a special motor for driving my observatory roof.  I was in floods of tears when I read the news - I feel I knew him even though we've never met.  An enormous loss indeed!

Rest in peace my dear friend.

Jonas was kind enough to hold this post back till he had told me personally. Per was here only about ten days ago. We had dinner together with his wife and talked, as ever, about many things. You'll maybe know that he was the brains behind our robotic observatory so that he was for me, a combination of guest, colleague and friend. We were different in detail and had fun arguing about whether it was best to have IT controlling things or to do it yourself. This was a running joke between us and a part of our close friendship. He'd lubricate the conversation with Champagne. He had planned to come down in the Autumn in a new Tesla he'd ordered. That would have been real fun.

Monique and I are, quite honestly, crushed by this news. Per is a part of our home, our work and our lives. I use the present tense advisedly. I'm going to cry so I'll stop. So sorry. So, so sorry.

Olly

Very sad news. Although I never met him he was kind enough to send me a few personal messages in answer to a question I had posted here. My condolences go to his family. I will drink a malt to salute his memory.

I don't think our paths ever crossed but I always enjoyed reading Per's posts, even though I didn't always understand them!

A very highly respected member of this community. 

RIP.

"Han kom som ett yrväder en aprilafton och hade ett höganäskrus i en svångrem om halsen."

This is Swedish, a sort of no no here, I know. But to me, tonight, it captures Per with the same sentence that Swedish author August Strindberg penned down in 1887, as the very opening line of the novel "Hemsöborna" to introduce its main character. It roughly translates to "He came like a whirlwind an April's eve with a clay jar in a strap around his neck".

The line describes, with a few words, the immediate impact of this main character. And that's how I met Per down at Olly's Les Granges one warm day. I wasn't the whirlwind, Per was.

Per is without doubt the most intelligent man I ever met. A man that someone like the late Feynman no doubt would have a good conversation with over a glass of the finest Champagne.

This void wil not be filled.

/Jesper

I just can't get to sleep and still very upset - such a shock and so thought provoking.  This is ridiculous - he wasn't that close a friend but sudden death is always terribly upsetting I find and still a relatively young man.  Guess I'm just an emotional old umm ...

Wow I'm shocked to read this. Per was the reason why I got a 10 Micron Mount and he's always been very helpful in our email conversations. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

RIP Per.

I have just had a pm from Davy -T, we have been talking about our 10 Micron mounts. He informed me about this very sad news. I really do not know what to say. Per, as someone else has said, was instrumental in me choosing my new mount. His obvious knowledge and expertise shone through in all he talked about. I contacted him and we exchanged several PMs and he was very helpful. A genuinely nice man and he will be much missed by me and everyone he touched. 

My sympathies go to his wife and family. A great shock and loss to all.

Derek

I never had the privilege of meeting with Per, but he was a great contributor to SGL, and his enthusiasm showed in his posts. He was very knowledgeable and willing to share that knowledge freely, a true generous spirit. Very sad news that he died so suddenly, and so young.  My condolences to his friends and family.

I will certainly raise a glass to him.

Archived