Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sad news, Rest in peace Per Frejvall (perfrej)

Grinde

Hi guys...

Words aren't enough to describe the sorrow for having to bring you these sad news, but our good friend Per Frejvall (perfrej on SGL) passed away last Friday in his home, for reasons unknown at the moment. He was in great spirit that day, but somehow went very sick, very quickly... He made the emergency-call himself saying he wasn't feeling well. Paramedics arrived promptly and resuscitation-attempts were made, but sadly it was already too late.

Per was in great shape & spirit, he had enough plans & energy that I thought would last many lifetimes, he was a true life-lover who simply refused to see or accept obstacles were it personal, mechanical, optical or astro-software. He always came up with great solutions & really enjoyed doing so!

I'm proud to call Per a true friend on all levels, he was a colorful original in a world of pale copies, full of life & humor, and I know his expertise and dedication to the astro-community will be greatly missed here. He had so many projects left, so many things to build, so many targets to shoot, so many champagnes to taste, so many persons lives to enlighten. He was needed by so many, but I quote his loving wife: "maybe he was needed elsewhere" . And wherever he is now, and if there's a problem there, I know he will fix it, having a good time while doing so, spreading joy & inspiration to everyone around him.

My thoughts and condolences goes to his wife and children, I truly hope they can find hope & comfort among friends and family in this tragic event.

If you want to send him and his family your best wishes & farewells, please write a line together with your name and I'll personally deliver it to him and his family in time for the funeral, together with a huge floral setting. I'm sure they will all be warmed by how many he affected worldwide through his love and dedication to this hobby/madness we call amateur astronomy. 

And to Per, tonight I'll raise my champagne-glass to the star-filled skies and salute you, I know your view up there is fantastic , among your stars and galaxies. Take care my friend, I will miss you // Jonas Grinde

I hope many of you will join me in the toast. Here's to Per !

perfrej.jpg

Per Frejvall 1958-2016

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh this is shocking news! Very sad indeed to hear it. I didn't know him personally but I did have some email exchanges where he was always helpful and showed a great depth of knowledge. He will be sorely missed.

ChrisH

I'm so sad to hear this news of the passing of an SGL friend :(

Per was clearly a really knowledgable and skilled astronomer and his posts here were always worth reading.

R.I.P Per.

A friendly and helpful guy to all, who was always willing to put in the time to answer questions and help others. He will be sorely missed on here for sure. My condolences go out to his family and his friends.

Words cannot describe how saddened I am at this news - Per was a very talented man who had much to contribute to the world of astronomy. He will be very much missed here on SGL but more, his loss will be sorely felt by his friends and family to whom I extend my heartfelt sympathy.

This is such very sad news :(.  I too have swapped a few PM's with Per in the past - Always helpful and friendly, with such a great wealth of experience and always willing to pass it on and help others.  I too shall miss him not being part of SGL anymore, but my thoughts are especially with his wife and children... and also to you Grinde.  Rest in peace, Per...

Sad news indeed! I can only echo what has already been said. He posted replies to a couple of my newbie questions and was always very helpful and informative. My condolences go out to his family & friends. I will tip my hat to him the next time I am at the 'scope.:icon_salut:

Archived