This morning at 6.45 am....

Caz

.....my kids come bursting into the bedroom, mummy, mummy, theres a bright star over there! Now being up til the early hours myself..... :sleepy1:, I couldn't even drag myself to the window to look at it.... :shock:

Having sort info from my starry night today, due south at 6.45am equals Jupiter....JUPITER!!!! :blob: :blob: :blob:

Could it have been Jupiter at that time??

Caz, I can confirm that at that time of the morning it was Jupiter you were seeing!

I was watching it at 5:30 am on Tuesday from my B&B in Dorset, and my god was it bright!!!!

Just wait till you get the scope on it!

Ant

At that time in the morning, Sirius has set, Venus is sulking and hiding out close to the sun, jealous because Jupiter is putting on such a show, and the bright star due south is indeed Jupiter. I've been seeing it on rare clear mornings when I go out to leave for the bus.

Yes caz, that's Jupiter due south, Venus is also visible in the Southeast, and that is looking good, a nice big and bright cresent. I had a quick look this mornig through the 10X50's at both,and they are worth the effort. Unfortunately I wasn't expecting clearskies to day, and the forcast for tonight and tomorrow is :p :p :p:D:p:(:p:( :( :lol::(:p

I will have to get an alarm clock that only rings if the sky will be clear for at least 1hour.

nabban

Archived