Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101

steviemac500

Ive been trying different processes with this ansd this is the wide field view of the image i posted earlier in the beginners section. All constructive critcism and comments are very welcome - the processing is by  far the hardest part for me.

4 1/2 hours data - 10 min subs, 25 flats, bias, dithered using APT and PHD 2.Taken with my ED80 and 600D.

101 v3.jpg

Nice catch.

What software do you use for processing? For 4.5 hrs of data there is still quite some noise in your image. Try some noise reduction and play with curves to clean up the image.

Good luck and thanks for sharing,

Wim

On 3 July 2016 at 17:34, wimvb said:

Nice catch.

What software do you use for processing? For 4.5 hrs of data there is still quite some noise in your image. Try some noise reduction and play with curves to clean up the image.

Good luck and thanks for sharing,

Wim

I'm using PS. Still find it very hard to process and as I'm about to buy a CCD I can't justify the price of Pixinsight! ?

PS is a good tool (judging from the great images that were created with this piece of software), but I don't use it myself. I started out with DSS and GIMP, but the 16 bit version kept on crashing on my computer. Decided to bit the proverbial bullet and invest in PixInsight, and haven't regretted it.

Archived