SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Burgess Optical 4 or 5mm Planetary eyepiece

marco

Hi all,

I'm Mark from Eastleigh in Hampshire and came across this site a couple of days back, so thought I'd register and join in. Looking at the SCS astro website they have the 4 and 5mm planetary eyepiece still available. Has anyone tried one of these through a 8" LX90?

I know its pushing it in respect to the magnification 'rule of thumb' so I may yet consider something in the region of 7-8mm.

Thanks, Mark

I had the TS Planetary HR eyepieces recently in 4mm and 5mm FL's - they are clones of the Burgess / TMB Planetaries. They were fine eyepieces and compared well with my 4.8mm Nagler in everything but field of view width. The eye relief is much more comfortable than the Nagler.

John

I just used mine with my new C6 SCT tonight on jupiter @F10 and they where excellent, given that my longer focal length eyepieces are panoptics and radians, they did really well.. though I have to see given the seeing tonight the 19mm panoptic gave the best views

Archived