sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Test your processing skills! Part I - M16

ok i had a go as well lol all i did was to run it through dss yes deep sky stacker  then in photoshop removed the stars the used that to make a high pass filter then applied that to the image with the stars and thats it.

m16 image and highpass image.

Rob's image-new.tif

Image5.tif

Rob's image-new jpg.jpg

Image5 jpg.jpg

Edited by toxic
oops heres the jpegs lol
  • Like 3
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'm bored! Its been a lousy Summer, not enough darkness etc... so I thought I would look back through some old data. And while flicking around the folders it occured to me that there were a few

OK, I'll bite.. You just missed critical focus with this - or maybe I'm too used to the star profiles I see with the refractor. Anyway, tried to correct for that a bit.     C

To get the ball rolling, I did a quick process on the image and here is my version:

Posted Images

Very nice Chris, personally I would shave 2 or 3 off the black point - but always better to have a little breathing space on the left side of the histogram as it leaves room for adjustment :)

• Like 1

had another go Rob rotated and cropped it there is a lot of data in there same as before but 2 time enlarged it before i ran it through dss then did that at 2 times then processed it in photoshop and multi layered it.Robs M16 enlarged and crop-50%-png.png 

• Like 1

Here is my attempt:

I stretched it in nebulosity with curves and levels. I then brought it into startools where I ran it through almost every tool. I finished with a noise reduction and here is the result. If anyone has any critiques for my processing tell me!

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 4.41.44 PM.png

• Like 3

Here's my effort; processed in PixInsight.

Process details:

DBE

TGVDenoise with a lumincance mask

MorphologicalTransformation to reduce the stars

Masked stretch

Histogram transformation (HT)

Pixelmath multiplying the image with the luminance mask that was used for denoise. (This is basically an exponential transformation.)

Stretching adjustments using HT and CurvesTransformation

EagleHa2.png

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Herzy said:

Here is my attempt:

I stretched it in nebulosity with curves and levels. I then brought it into startools where I ran it through almost every tool. I finished with a noise reduction and here is the result. If anyone has any critiques for my processing tell me!

All it probably needs is a whiff of highpass on the pillars and around the core. That can be done selectively (by painting it in a layer mask) so youre not applying it where you dont need it.