Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

5 1/2 hours of data over 2 nights. 10 minute subs, ISO 800 with my ED80. 33 subs in total, 25 flats  and dithered with APT and PHD2. Stacked in DSS and processed in PS. Close cropped as the detail think is better. Comments welcome,

Thanks,

Steve

M101.jpg

Hi, thanks for the comments. 800 is the optimum ISO for my camera, 10 min subs at 1600 would be completely washed out. I don't use darks as I dither I between each shot and there is very little noise in the image 

3 hours ago, Astroboy239 said:

Did you use the 85x reducer? 

23 minutes ago, Astroboy239 said:

I feel it's taken from a city too, 5hrs and just this much data makes no sense. I had taken a 30sec sub once I almost got what you got in the first image. 

Please, I'd love to see your 30s sub. 

I don't have a single frame on my phone bit I can show you a stack of just 8 frames of 30sec.  Processed in pixinsight. The single frame just looks a bit more faint, equipment used is Canon 700d neq6 no guiding ed 80 

FB_IMG_1467466759613.jpg

Varad, im not in a particularly polluted area but your 30 second sub is nothing like what i would see. I need at least 15/20s to see enough to frame my shot never mind actually take anything worthwhile. This is a single 600s

raw shot with my modded 600 obviously before any processing. Also the histogram was sitting nicely at 40/45%

_MG_5013.CR2

52 minutes ago, Astroboy239 said:

I don't have a single frame on my phone bit I can show you a stack of just 8 frames of 30sec.  Processed in pixinsight. The single frame just looks a bit more faint, equipment used is Canon 700d neq6 no guiding ed 80 

A truely remarkable result, better than mine using a 5" refractor and a much more sensitive cooled CCD (Atik490EX) - I was also using exposures 20 times as long (10minutes) which I had to guide...

ChrisH

The place I go is very far from my city so I can't make much astroimages. But the skies are really good. The naked eyed limiting magnitude is 6.at zenith 7. I still can't belive when I went there first. I could see most of the messier objects above 6 naked eyed. 

Archived