SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Moon 15th June 2016.

MY Yau

My first lunar shot. Taken with Skywatcher 80ED + HEQ5 Pro + ASI290MC. Frames from video, AS!S best 800 frames. Two frames stitch and sharpen in Photoshop CC, final processing in Lightroom. Location: Ipoh, Malaysia

22_38_31_g4_ap2-2-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

It's just wonderful! At this phase the Moon is very interesting. The terminator is well placed for a spectacular display of craters and Tycho and its rays are prominent at the same time. A very good exposure too!

You did a great job.

On 03/07/2016 at 20:42, spaceboy said:

This is going to sound a stupid question but is that how the moon looks to those in Malaysia ? I actually like the orientation in your image but it looks lop sided to what I'm used to seeing in the sky.

You should see it from Australia. Completely the wrong way up. Dont even get me started on Orion. Not that ive ever been to Oz. Ive just seen images. Furthest south ive been is the Canary Islands (or the Tunisian Sahara........not sure which is further south) and things there start to look very differently orientated, even though the islands are well within the northern hemisphere.

On July 4, 2016 at 03:42, spaceboy said:

This is going to sound a stupid question but is that how the moon looks to those in Malaysia ? I actually like the orientation in your image but it looks lop sided to what I'm used to seeing in the sky.

it's not the natural orientation. i rotated the camera so i can fit the width of the sensor to the width of the moon.

Archived