SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

oacapture 1.0.0

JamesF

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, that's under the settings menu.  The options menu also has a "demosaic" entry, so you can turn it off and on quickly (for example, if you want it on for focusing, but off afterwards).

James

11 minutes ago, Gina said:

Thanks James :)  I tried - sudo apt-get install libtiffso4 going by the previous library but it didn't work

If it wasn't able to find cfitsio3 in your repo try this:

sudo apt-get install libcfitsio-dev

To fix the other error do:

sudo apt-get install libtiff5-dev

Did both of those and it made no difference - still getting 

oacapture: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Yes, it seems different releases of Raspbian have different versions of the tiff library which are not binary compatible.  Clearly I need to build different versions of the binaries for each of the Raspbian releases.

James

With some good news my build on Ubuntu mate on my RPi3 is now working correctly for long exposures.

I installed indi and kstars to check if it would work that way (which it did) then when I tried oaCapture that was working as well.  I suspect kstars installed or updated something as I had tried oaCapture immediately before and it didn't work.

I see the binary worked fine on my RPi2 as it has an older version of Raspbian on it, I just checked and it still has libtiff4.

EUREKA!!!  It's working :)   After a bit of finger trouble :D  Thank you very much James - it looks like it should do just what I want :)  There is just one proviso for my all sky camera. It looks like the auto exposure only works in decades whereas SharpCap can handle 32μs to 60s in one setting.  Looks just the job for DSO imaging runs :)

1 minute ago, Gina said:

EUREKA!!!  It's working :)   After a bit of finger trouble :D  Thank you very much James - it looks like it should do just what I want :)  There is just one proviso for my all sky camera. It looks like the auto exposure only works in decades whereas SharpCap can handle 32μs to 60s in one setting.  Looks just the job for DSO imaging runs :)

You beat me to it ! I was going to test oacapture with my new ASI185 today. Glad to see to James was able to solve the issue that you ran into :)

1.  In the "Settings->General" tab there's an option to move the controls to the right.  You'll need to restart the application afterwards.

2. Yes, from the "Settings->Camera" tab (from memory).

James

14 minutes ago, Gina said:

Pleased to hear this.  I am very happy to consider suggestions for new functionality, so please feel free to make suggestions if you have them.

James

Been experimenting with the ASC and I think the decades of exposure only apply to manual control.  Moving the ASC between outdoors in full sunlight with cumulus clouds to indoors seems to change exposure/gain fine :)

Couldn't find cooling settings but just realised that this may only show with cooled cameras and my ASI178MM isn't cooled - the only ZWO cooled camera I have is the ASI1600MM-Cool which is out in the observatory.

14 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Pleased to hear this.  I am very happy to consider suggestions for new functionality, so please feel free to make suggestions if you have them.

James

Since you are asking for suggestions and I am currently moving everything to Linux, I'll jump on your offer and hope you will consider it ;)

There is a feature I really like in Firecapture.It is the ability to add the session details and embed them in the final image result as such: (there is a short youtube demo here)

FireCapture.JPG

36 minutes ago, JamesF said:

James

I would like to see the gain and exposure displayed when in auto mode.  I've found it very interesting to know these when running SharpCap.

A minor point - the dropdown box showing the image resolution isn't quite long enough to show the resolution when in the form HHHHxVVVV ie. 4 digits in each direction.

22 minutes ago, Gina said:

Been experimenting with the ASC and I think the decades of exposure only apply to manual control.  Moving the ASC between outdoors in full sunlight with cumulus clouds to indoors seems to change exposure/gain fine :)

Couldn't find cooling settings but just realised that this may only show with cooled cameras and my ASI178MM isn't cooled - the only ZWO cooled camera I have is the ASI1600MM-Cool which is out in the observatory.

Ah, yes.  Generally the application only shows the controls that exist for the connected camera, so if it doesn't appear to support cooling then the control won't be present in the configuration pane.

James

OK...  Have cooled camera indoors and connected up.  oacapture is working with it and showing set-point temperature control and Cooling check box.  Haven't connected power to the camera so don't know it it's actually working but it probably is.  This prompts me to request another addition to oacapture, James - display of the actual temperature of the image sensor.

Archived