Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

calli

3d Print: ZWO ASI Camera and DSLR Lens to Telescope Adapter

Hi,

I designed and printed an adaptor for getting my MC120MC and a Nikon DSLR Lens onto my mount.

For all details see here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1650352

Cheers,
Carsten

PS: The attached image is done with the ASI120MC, a Vivitar Series 1 lens (@210mm), SharpCap Beta using the live stacking only

CMount.jpg

Bodes_Zigge.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BUDA
      Hi All!

I have guiding problem with the following guider setup: 9x50 finder + ZWO ASI 120mm mini + PHD2.
      The imaging scope is a 6' newtonian + canon dslr on a HEQ5, driven by a laptop via diy EQDIR cable.
      When the mount is set up and running correctly, polar aligned and all... I connect the guider camera
      and mount with phd2. All nice and easy, I run a calibration, then it starts to guide. All seems ok.

Then I am starting to take pictures. The first seems OK, then the second have the star trails...
      I check phd2 and there is a message: the camera (ASI) did not take a picture for "xy" seconds so it is disconnected.
      Grrr.... I reconnect try to set up a longer period for "xy" in the settings as mentioned in the message.
      And all the same again and again. Whatever I add for connection timeout for the camera, it just reaches that
      and disconnect the camera.
      PHD + philips toucam has worked for me flowlessly. I changed to PHD2 because I gave myself a birthday present,
      the little ZWO camera. (and PHD did not recognize it)
      Do you have any idea what can be the problem? I will contact PHD2 help also, but maybe somebody had already
      the same problem and figured out how to overcome. I am almost sure I make some dumb mistake in the PHD2
      software settings, however I tried to change only what was needed.
    • By Bamo
      Hello reader,
      Appreciate your time to read that topic.
      Have you ever tried 3D printing tech to create/design any of your astro components that may substitute expensive ones?. I'm curious to know your thoughts about it.
      Thankfully,
      Bamo
    • By Yogesh
      Hi
      I have recently purchased a ZWO ASI120MC-S webcam from FLO. I wanted to try it the other night so I decided to get some test images for the moon. I was using Sharpcap for this. I manged to get the video and was using Autostakkert to stack it. On the final stacked image I can see that there are some strange vertical lines.  I have attached a picture of that. There is also a zoomed in image of a region and I can see some small squares almost resembling the pixels on the sensor. Below are my capture settings as given by SharpCap.
      [ZWO ASI120MC-S] Debayer Preview=On Pan=0 Tilt=0 Output Format=AVI files (*.avi) Binning=1 Capture Area=1280x960 Colour Space=RAW8 Temperature=19.2 High Speed Mode=Off Overclock=0 Turbo USB=86(Auto) Flip=Both Frame Rate Limit=60 fps Gain=50(Auto) Exposure=0.001993 Timestamp Frames=Off White Bal (B)=95 White Bal (R)=52 Brightness=0 Auto Exp Max Gain=50 Auto Exp Max Exp M S=30000 Auto Exp Target Brightness=100 Mono Bin=Off Apply Flat=None Subtract Dark=None #Black Point Display Black Point=0 #MidTone Point Display MidTone Point=0.5 #White Point Display White Point=1 TimeStamp=2018-06-25T23:13:22.6772909Z SharpCapVersion=3.1.5214.0 For Autostakkert (v2.6.8 ) I was not doing anything fancy. Pressed analyze and then used 50% of the frames to stack. Used 200 as the AP size. Also, had the drizzle as 1.5x
      My camera was mounted to a skywatcher 200pds  and HEQ5 mount.
      I am failing to understand what is going wrong here. Is the camera a problem or stacking is an issue ? Please let me know if there is any more information that you need.

Thanks and Regards,
      Yogesh
      moon_25062018_1min_00_13_20_g4_ap35_Drizzle15.tif
      moon_25062018_1min_00_13_20_g4_ap35_Drizzle15_ZOOM.tif
    • By bottletopburly
      Can anyone tell me / confirm that I need the 5mm cs adapter to fit my qhy5L-11  so this will focus at infinity with the 25mm  cctv lens  I assume I remove the c adapter and replace with the CS adapter .
    • By sandycorgi44
      I'm trying to take pics with my Pentax camera and have a "C" mount and a 40mm extension tube........what else do I need for to take photos with this lens?    Relatively new to all of this.   Thanks for any replies 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.