SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nevada PS-08 6-8A Regulated Linear Power Supply

Some time ago we purchased a Nevada PS-08 6-8A Regulated Linear Power Supply for our own use. We like it very much so have become a reseller for them. 

It provides 6A continuous output (8A surge) so can power a number of devices simultaneously and delivers a good clean regulated DC signal so you won't suffer from the handset/alignment glitches associated with budget power supplies. 

In stock and available for overnight delivery. 

nevada_ps-08_1.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi, sorry for the thread resurrection! 

As this has been on sale a while now, and i am sure many of you have now purchased one, is anyone able to comment on how quiet these are. Does it have noisy fans or emit excessive buzzing noises etc?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Deeko said:

Any idea what the maximum length of cable is you could run from this to an HEQ5?  Would be plugged into outhouse with cables run out to HEQ5 in garden.

I have one and their 25-30A one as well and I run 25A cable like This

I have a run of about 20 yards and there is hardly any loss, when I ran thin cable I did have a problem, so keep the thickness up to prevent the loss.

If you want to run long cables you will need to check the voltage at the mount and adjust the PSU manually to compensate for any losses (under load) or get a PSU that has "sense" inputs i.e.4 wire configuration. As mentioned above heavy duty wire helps.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for advice folks on length/thickness of cable - will probably run it to about 15m. My next question - if I want to power multiple bits of kit what kind of splitter do I need at the end where the kit will be, for example is there an AIO that offers a female cigarette adaptor(s) AND USB ports? I will have the 15m cable run out and into a waterproof box, this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterplug-IP54-Weatherproof-Electric-Box-Grey/dp/B00B0X8CYC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1518694295&sr=8-2&keywords=masterplug+box .I've also spotted this that might be useful to go in the box: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HobbyKing-Hobbyking-PowerStrip-Protected-Distribution/dp/B00URCLOO2 ?

D.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry just seen this, I run two cables from both PSU's out to my pier, the lower powered one just powers the laptop and the 25w one plugs in via waterproof connector to my Windcamp with power pole connectors that is secured to the mount, see pic below: -

5a992a9991645_Esprit100.thumb.jpg.10ed6ebfccb8b6b637a31d455ccf3bed.jpg

So I then have short power cables which I made up running from the Windcamp to power everything, the Windcamp fastens really nicely on to the base of the mount using 3M Dual Lock.

Here's a link to the Windcamp

Here's a link to the 25/30 Nevada PSU

Powerpole connectors are brilliant as they prevent being inserted the wrong way round, they are secure and require no soldering.

HTH

Thanks Ray, not as tidy as your eagle, but it was only £45 plus the Anderson Pole Connectors and tool.

Once I change the Camera then will go the OAG route and that will save some cables and make a plate to mount the Focus Controller which will reduce the clutter even further. I also have a Kendrick V10 Dew Controller that is a lot tidier than the Hitec.

The biggest thing was going over to running the Cables from the Nevada, no risks of shorting my equipment or electrocuting myself.

On 06/12/2017 at 19:32, Zayvin said:

is anyone able to comment on how quiet these are. Does it have noisy fans or emit excessive buzzing noises etc?

I have one. It's quiet as a mouse, can't hear a thing.  

• 3 months later...

A number of people have requested something even more powerful so we now also stock the Nevada PSW-30 25-30A Switch-Mode Power Supply. 

Originally designed to minimise switching noise for amateur radio so is an excellent choice for use with astronomy equipment. 

nevada_psw-30_psu_power_supply_1.jpg

Archived