SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Work in progress June Dumbell

MattJenko

Been trying to get a decent set of data for M27, the Dumbell, but the weather and perma-twilight have limited things somewhat. I managed a decent couple of hours of Red, an ok session to get some Green, and a pretty rubbish set of cloudy Blue last night, but can't really moan, as it is better than the thunderstorms and clouds that have dominated essex skies. I want some better Blue and a couple of decent sessions for Lum as I think this image shows some good potential. 

AzEQ6, 10" Newt (250px), Atik 414ex and ZWO filters. 10 min exposures. about 2 hours each channel so far.

M27.jpg

cheers all. this is far from the final image, i just got a bit bored waiting for clear skies to threw together what i have gathered to see if it is worth putting in a big push in the coming weeks. i am going to go for it.

Awesome M27! You have some excellent fine structure of the internals and if you can get more time (weather permitting) you'll get some of the fainter extremities too. Good luck with the weather buddy - then we can look forward to seeing more data on this one!!! 

Some clear skies last night, and I now know why balance is vital with big scopes like the 250px. Any gust of wind (and it was quite windy) causes wobbles and any imbalance causes big movements. Anyway, managed to redo the Blue channel subs and slowly making some progress. Only lots of Lum left now :)

M27.jpg

Archived