SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Solar System Tour

Twiggles

Well for the first time n what feels like forever we finally had clear skies on a day where I could stay up late without having to get up for work the next morning! Unfortunately I can only operate my equipment from mains power due to my laptop being old and having aduff battery and not owning a power tank, I also can't see any of the planets from my shaded back garden so had to venture out to the front, where Jupiter was setting over neighbouring houses and Mars and Saturn were just peaking through some trees and right over some lovely orange street lights! Talk about challenging!

Anyway, heres a little sample of what i caught, not the best I know but forecast is clear again tonight so hoping to have another go. Any advice for improvements welcome. Images were all two minute avi's (captured at 56 ms and gain at 8 out of 10 using Altairs capture software) with usual autostakkert and registax for wavelets. Telescope was Celestron Nexstar SLT (127 mak on supplied goto mount).

m9_g3_ap16_zps151eaxpg.png

j9_g4_ap87_zpsr5ufkir8.png

S3_g3_ap30_zps8ywdjjga.png

As I say, if you have any advice please feel free to speak up!

Archived