TMB 5.1" and Tak 3.9" Apochromats

5 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Am I just imagining there's a lot of reflection from that lens? It could just be the way the photons are falling! 

Mike :happy11:

Hasty photo Mike - point and shoot then bung the scope back inside because a shower was on it's way :icon_biggrin:

I believe the 130mm F/9.2 LZOS objectives have quite a good reputation on the whole :icon_biggrin:

12 minutes ago, DirkSteele said:

Drool.....

Cannot wait to hear how you get on with the TMB.  It is one I have had my eye for a long time.  Did you receive the interferometry certificate with the TMB?

It's strehl is .987 Matthew. Is that OK ?

The scope dates from 2006 and was owned from new by the previous owner. It was supplied by APM but through BC&F.

The Feathertouch focuser is really nice, even better than my Moonlites :cool2:

First light is going to have to wait though because of holiday commitments .....

1 hour ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

John that is really nice. You first buy a fantastic Takahashi making us all envious  now you follow up with a 130mm APM. I can't wait for your review of these scopes - having a 5" APO is a dream.

Thanks Mark :icon_biggrin:

Being able to acquire either would have been a dream so I am very lucky indeed to be able to have them both.

I'm seriously in breach of my 3 scope agreement with my other half at the moment though so I am treading very cautiously indeed there :rolleyes2:

On 24/06/2016 at 14:13, John said:

It's strehl is .987 Matthew. Is that OK ?

The scope dates from 2006 and was owned from new by the previous owner. It was supplied by APM but through BC&F.

The Feathertouch focuser is really nice, even better than my Moonlites :cool2:

First light is going to have to wait though because of holiday commitments .....

Congratulations! Of course Olle will be not be happy that you have taken no notice of his advice.  And, getting two good refractors so at ones is greedy, so there will be no TEC 140/ 7 for you! 

Of course the strehl of 0.985 is surely only in green.  If only this was a polystrehl, then Vlad would declare it "sensibly perfect"...

For those unfamiliar with the work of Thomas M. Back, an amateur astronomer who died suddenly age of 49, there is a good obituary here.

Very nice John. What's with the sudden spending spree though ??? No doubt superb editions to your collection but I always thought you were more than happy with the ED120 and Vixen.

Ahhahhh just thought........ With no upgrades available to a box full of ethos it was inevitable you would start on the telescope collection :D 

Archived