Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

New to this just bough my first scope the orion funscope,while i have always bin into space and alien conspiracys etc but thats another post anyway im new to star gazing with a scope and hope to be a active member on this site and looking forward to picking peoples brains especially when it comes to branching out on a more expensive scope so guys hope to talk to you all soon by the way i will only be doing planetry observations for the start 

I did quite a lot when I was a boy, but only returned to star gazing 3 years ago when I retired.

Hi Furious pez and welcome to SGL. once you have gained a grasp of Astronomy and what it is all about, you will find there will be plenty of members very willing to spend your money, when you are ready to upgrade to another telescope. In the meantime enjoy the forum and your new scope :) 

Welcome to the forum and the hobby.

Have fun doing what you're doing.

Hello and welcome to the forum, the best scope is the one you use most often so dont be in a rush to upgrade to a bigger one yet. Just enjoy the one you've got at the minute. I probably use my 72mm scope far more than the others because it's so much easier to take out to dark sites.

Edited by gls

Welcome to the forum, there is so much info here to help us newbies out :icon_biggrin:

'Ullo! Nice t'meet ya! ;)

Not to sure what a fun scope is but 'ave fun with it! :)

Edited by Knighty2112

Thank you all for the nice comments and the scope is yet to arrive very frustrating.

And the funscope is a starter scope its about 50 pound its got alot of strong reviews 

And yh i wont be upgrading till later on next year btw the funscope is 72mm

:)

Greetings, FP, and welcome to SGL - nice of you to join us!

Alien Conspiracies are down the hall to your right. For all other astronomical pursuits - you're in the right place! :D

Clear & dark skies,

Dave

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to SGL - I'm sure you'll have a great time here :)

Look forward to seeing you around :)

You will all be seeing me around and as of now im very happy as my scooe got dispatched today although the wait is 3weeks for arrival but no matter looking forward to making new friends also i will upload a pic but they keep telling me there to big so annoying 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Grigs
      Just thought I would say hi to everyone. 
      I am a Noob, but have been googling astronomy for past year, so am familiar with some of the lighter terminology.  
      Most of my googles have directed me to this site, so I have already read forum posts here numerous times.
      Have already acquired quite a bit of kit, but just not found the time to try it out yet. 
      This should hopefully change soon as I am expecting to have a lot more spare time in a couple of months. 
      Being in the Midlands in the UK, I am not currently missing much, due to the current cloudy weather here. 
      I am looking forward to picking your brains and in time posting some of my experiences here. 
      Kindest regards, 
      Geo.

• By Kronos831
      Probably a stupid question...
      Heyyy soo i am a begginer and about to buy my first telescope.A Skywatcher 200 
      p. I ve just though of something , Since i know filters can be stacked i ve been wondering if i could take visual RGB filters and stack them.Specifically blue green and red in order to create a visual full colour image ,like photography. I know its probably a stupid question because people all over the world would have done this by now .But i m just curious. 

-Kronos
    • By Ziopliukas
      Hello there! I'd like to start off by saying that I'm completely new at this so please don't get mad if I seem ignorant or don't know things. I recently came across a recommendation to go stargazing with night vision and that seemed like a really cool experience so that's why I'm here now. I wanted to ask whether it's possible to do that while spending less than $100? Obviously since I'm only getting into stargazing I wouldn't need anything too amazing, but I'm wondering whether it'd be very bad with equipment for under $100 and would it instead be better to find someone to lend from.  If it is indeed possible to achieve something fairly decent for a beginner for under $100, what would be your recommendations? Thank you!
    • By Waiffle
      hello! yesterday i got my telescope, BRESSER solarix 76/350!
      so yesterday i went outside around 9pm, I spotted Mars in the night sky very easily, I tried to aim my telescope towards it but... after like 10minutes, I still couldn't aim it ( I did choosed the ocular that had 40mm, biggest one I have ), then I gave up and decided to observe the core of the Andromeda Galaxy because it's way easier to aim at because of it's huge size..
      Then huge clouds were coming and I decided to go back home with my telescope..
      I did some research and there is a tool named "finderscope", but the problem is that my telescope doesnt have a rail or something that I can put a finderscope to, and im just asking if there is like a univseral finderscope or a finderscope that doesnt require to drill holes for screws, the only thing I observed yesterday was the sun( with my sun filter, I was pretty satisfied for a first time ) and the faint core of the Andromeda Galaxy/m31..
      thanks for helping me!

• By ukuleledaveey
      Hello All, as you are aware i am new here and also new to this wonderful hobby, as you may be aware i am a total newbie,no experience or knowledge, so i am at your mercy ?. Last weekend i was lucky enough to purchase a second hand Skyliner 200p, which came with a 10mm & 25mm  eyepieces, i know i shouldn't rush in as i need to get collimating tool, but i really fancy getting a zoom eye piece, i wondered if you guys n gals had any thoughts or recommendations on such, if possible i wouldn't mind getting a second hand one, i have seen one at Harrisons that i quite like 
      skywatcher-8-24mm-zoom-eyepiece-1.25
      Anyway thanks for reading and i will probably be asking tons and tons of questions, sorry about that, but you area wonderful friendly and knowledgeable lot,many thanks and best regards
      Dave

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.