SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sunday 19th Solar

Pig

I set the clock to get up early today as the forecast did show a small break in the clouds.... it turned out to be very accurate and there looks to be quite a clear gap heading my way

I am loving the new views through the 110mm and having the choice of full disc or close up is very nice indeed. Anyway the detail around the spot is fantastic due to the high contrast results, the views are really of almost photographic quality when you cover your head with a towel to shade the light out it is breath-taking to say the least. There are also a couple of nicely shaped proms in the 2 & 5 O'clock positions but there are also many quite large spicules around the limb of the disc.

Just one addition to all that are interested in the AZ Pro mount, there is a dedicated Solar tracking option available from the menu and so far it works exceeding well and I have experienced Zero drift. Admittedly I haven't had any spells of an hour plus of sunshine to test it but I have used other tracking mounts and have found with them even after 15 minutes or so some adjustment is needed to centre the disc (or target on the disc) in the eyepiece.

Right I am off back out before it all disappears behind the clouds.... Good luck to all, I hope you get some rays in the eyepiece.

If it is any consolation it has clouded over here now.... I think we will avoid any rain though and it is quite warm outside :happy7: It was nice to get a few moments of observing.

40 minutes ago, Pig said:

If it is any consolation it has clouded over here now.... I think we will avoid any rain though and it is quite warm outside :happy7: It was nice to get a few moments of observing.

Good luck with avoiding the rain Shaun, looks like there's a hurricane coming on Sat24 :grin:

Dave

Archived